Sitka-Quiet???

400or200

I have been looking into purchasing some sitka gear. I have tried some on and had some questions. Quality seems great and comfort equally superb. What about the quiet factor? To me the fabric seems a little "tarpy." What I mean is when you move, it tends to sound like you a are moving in a tarp? Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the quiet factor? This is a huge factor for me in my camo, and to spend the extra money, I want it to perform perfectly. I am looking at the ascent pants and the mountain pants, if you have thoughts on either, please share also. Thanks in advance

I have both pair of pants you are interested in. I have stalked to within fifteen yards of elk with both. If your thighs rub together, you will hear a little friction. I don't think it is an issue at all. The zippers are quiet as well.

I've got a bunch of sitka gear and I've loved it. I've got some in both mountain mimicry and optifade and I haven't noticed them being noisy at all. The acsent pants are my favorite because I usually hunt the early season and they are very cool/breathable and I can throw a base layer underneath if I need to.

Cutbow

The reason I've stayed with Cabelas Microtex is it's dead quiet and extremely durable. Mainly its about personal preference, but I prefer an uncompromising fleece-like hush-quiet in all my hunting layers.

I decked myself and my son in Sitka gear for an amazing NWT adventure. Pants, shirts,jacket, vest were all as quiet as anything I have owned. Only the Stormfront rain gear made any noise, but I don't typically stalk game in the rain. I am a big Sitka fan.

Thanks for the replies. One additional question, which patern would be the best all around pattern for hunting both high country and desert terrain? I can't afford to buy 2 setups, so I have been leaning to the opencountry. What are your thoughts?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom