SKRE Founder

cabinfever

Very Active Member
Hey MM’ers I hope you are all doing well and are as excited for this fall's hunts as I am. I have been a long time member of MM and was a very active on the Forums when Brian aka Founder fired up the site many years ago. I confess I spent way too much time on the site getting my muley fix, but also met some pretty cool people along the way. Like many of you, I’m obsessed with hunting giant muleys and do the bulk of my hunting on public land. I have been pretty absent from posting in recent years due to life, family and the building of a company. Most of you know me by my MM handle cabinfever, however my real life name....haha.... is Mike Nielson. I am the founder of SKRE gear. Maybe you have seen some of our Ad’s on MM. My intention in writing this post is not to bash competitors, pound my own chest, sell gear, or get in a pissing match with hunters who wear another brand of gear. I acknowledge that hunters have a lot of great options when it comes to high quality hunting gear. As a lifetime gear nut and a connoisseur of quality hunting gear, I recognized that I could do some things better. Not just build better gear that is rugged with excellent performance, but resurrect the golden rule of treating customers as I would want to be treated. I’m talking about a no nonsense , no hassle warranty in the rare event of an issue. The truth is, corporate America has lost their collective minds and we all know it. Quality products with top notch customer service are beginning to fade into the Sunset. SKRE was built on a foundation of crafting quality gear with zero compromise in quality and performance, with a no nonsense warranty and exceptional customer service. Those that know me well, and have hunted with me will attest that my gear is nothing but the best. When my life is on the line, and success is the prize, I never compromise the quality of the gear I take into the field. There is too much at stake! As an example of our quality, we use super fine merino wool in all our merino wool base layers which results in an exceptional next to skin layer that checks all the boxes when it comes to performance and comfort. Our merino wool is not heavily watered down with synthetics like so many others who offer merino. Our soft shell fabrics are not crafted from branded fabrics, but custom proprietary fabrics that have been mountain tested and arctic approved over the last 7 years. Our gear is not designed by hikers, it's designed by hunters who understand the demand we place on our gear, and the features we have come to love and expect. We are currently in our seventh year of business. I acknowledge that we haven't done everything right all the time. We have made a few mistakes along the way, mostly in those earlier years. With that said, we believe our gear will run with the best brands in the industry. Our reviews stand as a testament to our quality gear and our commitment to take care of customers. If you are considering some new gear, give SKRE gear a try. We are confident you will be impressed. If you ever have any questions, or just want to talk hunting, don’t hesitate to reach out

Kindest regards & best wishes this hunting season
Mike Nielson

I have a blaze orange hunting hat from SKRE and it probably fits better than many big name brand hats.

That being said, I just personally am not the biggest fan of SKRE's camo pattern. Though their gear looks to be very high quality, just doesn't seem to be the right pattern for me.

Love your gear. When are you guys going to mess up with the dye color and offer those crazy deals again??? Seriously the gear we used last year worked great. Hoping it last a few seasons of hard hunting.

Never tried any of your gear but I have seen it around. I will have to give it a second look

I have wore nothing but skre in the field since the company came out. I can attest, that it is the best. I do have a quick question regarding the hard scrabble pants. They used to be my favorite hiking pants out there, but my last pair is too tight around the boot and won’t stay down. Is this a recent change in design on the pants or just a flaw in the specific pant I received?

I have wore nothing but skre in the field since the company came out. I can attest, that it is the best. I do have a quick question regarding the hard scrabble pants. They used to be my favorite hiking pants out there, but my last pair is too tight around the boot and won’t stay down. Is this a recent change in design on the pants or just a flaw in the specific pant I received?
So you’ve wore nothing else and they are the best? ?? no one makes the best of everything. ???

I feel a little bad for asking because I've asked this before and can't remember.
How do you pronounce SKRE?

scree
sic - ree
sic - err
sky - err
sky - ree
???

Kind of along the same line as SS, any discounts for Military, Police, or Fire? I’ll be honest some of the stuff I wear is because companies hook it up

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the clothing. I think they’re missing a huge market by not offering solids just through what I’ve seen with fellow guides and friends and family that wear higher end hunting clothing. Maybe it’s just the current fad, but solids seem to be an increasingly popular trend. I don’t think camo vs solids makes a legitimate difference, but so far this year I’ve hunted Sonora, Saskatchewan, and Montana. Shortly I’ll be headed to Alaska. Solids are a more universal option without looking too out of place in different areas with a certain style of camo.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the clothing. I think they’re missing a huge market by not offering solids just through what I’ve seen with fellow guides and friends and family that wear higher end hunting clothing. Maybe it’s just the current fad, but solids seem to be an increasingly popular trend. I don’t think camo vs solids makes a legitimate difference, but so far this year I’ve hunted Sonora, Saskatchewan, and Montana. Shortly I’ll be headed to Alaska. Solids are a more universal option without looking too out of place in different areas with a certain style of camo.
I agree with this, solid colors are where it’s at. When First Lite came on the market they offered solid colors when the big name brands were not. It’s what got me to try their clothes and I continue to use them today. Factor in the crowd that wants something “new” and their growth was insane. Stone Glacier just spent weeks on social media hyping a big release. When it finally came out it was a black puffy jacket. Yep that’s it. And it sold like crazy. In the clothing world black coats always have the lowest sales compared to other colors. But the demand is there for non camo.

Good luck with your venture! I always check in on it every so often on social media. Also cuz you have came to AK and hunted moose and sheep where I’ve hunted. Don is a good dude btw.

95% of MM members don’t hunt
Yeah we are way too busy talking chit and checking posts to actually hunt, how can I make sure guys get bs info on units I’ve never been to if I was out in the field scouting and hunting?

Yeah we are way too busy talking chit and checking posts to actually hunt, how can I make sure guys get bs info on units I’ve never been to if I was out in the field scouting and hunting?
I know right? I have a slow fall planned. Dall sheep, caribou, moose, 4 mt goat hunts and some boring stuff like deer and elk. Probably throw in some bear hunts.

I think @CFMuley is homeless though, he gets out more than me…

I know right? I have a slow fall planned. Dall sheep, caribou, moose, 4 mt goat hunts and some boring stuff like deer and elk. Probably throw in some bear hunts.

I think @CFMuley is homeless though, he gets out more than me…
Dammers bud, I got about fack all planned with a kiddo coming ( I had one so I can draw youth tags in Co in 12 years, pro tip) but just a tired ass muley hunt and otc elk… probably a lot of virgourous wanking while watching born and raised, hushing, and go hunt videos on YouTube to round out my season, but yeah I guess your season sounds okay, could get a few more hunts in if you were a real hunter though

6292F7B7-1028-4682-9F50-9750266338E9.jpeg

@BurntRidge wants the staff…badly.
I don’t actually, I have pro deals to most companies. I just personally really like skre. I’ve wore Sitka, I’ve wore kuiu, I’ve wore badlands. I just haven’t wore any of it since I’ve switched to skre. I’ve wore buddies trying out stuff on some hunts but I don’t like it, kuiu rips easy, Sitka is out of my price bracket and I just personally liked skre better.

I don’t actually, I have pro deals to most companies. I just personally really like skre. I’ve wore Sitka, I’ve wore kuiu, I’ve wore badlands. I just haven’t wore any of it since I’ve switched to skre. I’ve wore buddies trying out stuff on some hunts but I don’t like it, kuiu rips easy, Sitka is out of my price bracket and I just personally liked skre better.
Have you given kings camo a try? That's what I personally use and I love it. The pattern to me is the best in the industry for put west in the rockies, and it doesn't break the bank.

Love your gear. When are you guys going to mess up with the dye color and offer those crazy deals again??? Seriously the gear we used last year worked great. Hoping it last a few seasons of hard hunting.
hope our factory doesn't have dye issues bit if it happens SKRE country will be the recipient .

Solids are on there way boys!!!!!

Keep it up and you might get a free hat....

Got a Hoody liked the sleeve length got the shorts like them. This post gave me hope...just left your site...looks like your "tall" inseam are sold out in most sizes. 34 is NOT a tall inseam 38 40 is....if you ever make waist 40's with 36's minimum please advertise it I will buy some.

I’ll be wearing your stuff in September, for a show that you guys sponsor. Looking forward to trying it out!

Brother purchased one of your bundles last summer and he's very pleased so far. Congratulations on a great looking company!

Any chance of American made in the future? What is the cost difference of American vs China now with the shipping increases?

+1 on the Solid Colors - olive drab ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom