Skunked again

K

kelcher

Well, we were skunked again this year in Wyoming. I am definitely going to have to open up my effective range to 60 yards or so. Right now I am really only confident up to 40 yards. How did the rest of you do?

I also did not bring anything home this weekend. Missed one real nice speed goat on Saturday. He started to me at an all out run from about a half mile away and stopped in front of my decoyed at 45 yards and as I pulled the release another satellite buck came over a hill about 70 yards away and sent him into a frenzy. By the time my arrow got to where he was standing, he was out of the way.

After that I passed on several good bucks with hopes I would be able to get on the one I missed again. I found him on Sunday, but he was in hot pursuit of a doe that didn't like my decoy. She left and he followed.

I guess that means I'll have to go back next weekend!!!

I'm glad you have the option of going back next weekend. I think I might try to work things out that way next year just in case things go sour again. Good luck.

It's a 5 hour drive for me to get to where I hunt. I will only get to hunt saturday though since I need to spend some quality time with the girlfriend. Oh and she lives in the middle of some nice mulie country that I will be hunting while she's at work! Very convenient!

I am going to try and find the one I missed last weekend. I stink at field judging them, but a couple of hunters watched me through their spotters and estimated him at about 15 inches. Hopefully I will be able to put a tape on him next weekend after I double lung him!

Stick him and show us some pictures. I would've shot a 13 incher if I had a good opportunity. I would just like to get one under my belt. I really want to do it with the bow instead of the rifle. Nothing against rifle hunting, I just think I would take more pride in it if I got one with the bow.

Good luck again and let us know how it goes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom