Sleeping in a treestand

M

Midnight2

I borrowed a Tree Lounge from a friend and figured that I'd outlast a thristy animal by staying in my stand all evening and be ready in the morning, sleeping in my stand... I slipped into my bag and was suprising comfortable(Miserable.

That night after dark, a small satelite bull elk came in and wallowed, then slept only 30 yards from me. I thought he had left until morning when I saw him bedded. At first light he started feeding and walked right under me and then smelled my piss, and then he picked up my scent where I had walked... and he split. I only had a deer tag, but I have questioned ever since. " What do I spook out, as I come into my stands early in the morning?"

Therefore my question is;
"Have any of you sleep in the treestand? Have you made a temporary platform or do you know of a method to remain in the tree?

I have also considered a good ground blind. Do they concel your scent? Hunting for mule deer and elk at water holes or tanks.

we sleep in a double decker tree stand that was built in the tree. we keep sleeping bags attached to the tree in a rubber garbage can and keep food in it as well. definately gets you closer to the game.

Awesome.

Do you have any photos of that baby?

Is it a homemade or manufactured treestand?

I have an API Gland Slam Super Mag climber that I hunt out of. I pack it into the area in the middle of the day and set it up for an evening hunt. If I use it for a morning hunt, I usually get in it several hours before daylight and nap until light. I believe that you do run a big risk of kicking out critters if you head for your stand within and hour 1/2 or less of daylight. They start miling around again well before dusk.
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom