Slick Tricks anyone?

ismith

Very Active Member
Just bought some 125 grain Slick Tricks and was wondering if anyone here has used them before? Only heard good things about them.
ismith

I just got a package. Hoping to try them out on bears in a couple weeks, heard nothing but good things about them.

Kirby

When in doubt, floor it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you find a big stick.

Kirby,
How many grains did you go with? I put one together today and it looks pretty sturdy. They have to be pretty darn good when the guys at the local archery shop recommend it over a more expensive brand they carry. Im going bear hunting Saturday and hopefully Ill get a chance to try them out.
ismith

I've gone with 85, gonna play with them, and 100's too. I really like them, they are SOLID! will be out this weekend trying to find a bear to test on.

Kirby

When in doubt, floor it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you find a big stick.

Supposed to be one of the best broadheads on the market. Every test that I have read on ST shows great results.

This year I will be using Slicktrick or the new Mangus 3 blade BH....maybe Wackems...

Steelermadman2002

I have used them quite a bit and absolutely love them! I have several packs of the 125's, needless to say, I won't be switching for a while! :) They are awesome.

Lien2

I really like how they shoot and I haven't been able to destroy one yet. I have shot them through very sturdy ply wood and no damage at all. The only thing I don't like about them is they are not very sharp. I have tried to sharpen them but the blade thickness may make it so you can't get them razor sharp. I've also shot Wacem's and Rocky Mt Turbos and they fly just as good and are much sharper. I can easily shave the hair on my arm with either of these heads but not with the tricks. The 4 blade tricks also don't penetrate as well but this may be blade sharpness as well as 4 blade vs. 3 blade.
I'm going to try the tricks on a bear hunt next week. I'll let you know what I think if I have the opportunity to use one.
I'm probably going to shoot wacem's for elk this fall. They are proven and perform very well.

I love the head. Used them on my near and 4 deer last year with grest results. Only head I will shoot for a long time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom