Sling Stix

G

gator77

Has anyone used these and what did you think...I am trying to find a simple, easy to use solution for a rest without mounting to my gun or packing a lug of a setup around.

Thanks in advance...

Never used them so i have no first hand knowledge. Having said that, they look like junk to me. I came up with a system quite a while back that has worked extremely well for me. I watched some buddies who had bipods struggle to get a solid rest in difficult/steep terrain. Also getting hung up when hiking through dense brush and various other problems. What I've been doing is this: Put one of those velcro cartridge holders on your stock. Secure the bottom ends of a fully erected set of shooting sticks by sliding them between the stock and the cartridge holder. Lay the sticks against your rifle and secure the top by wrapping the little bungee around the barrel. obviously you'll need to have your sticks on the non action side of your rifle. Been doing this now for prolly ten seasons or more and would'nt even consider another way. Sticks are there when you need'em and DO NOT interfere with off hand shooting in any way when you dont. I've also found shooting sticks to be more versital/adaptable than a bipod. You can manipulate the things around and get a reasonably stable rest in almost any position or type of terrain. I've even used them as a tripod for a spotting scope or binoculars in a pinch.

Thank you for your input. I am trying to picture this in my mind. Can you attach a pic of the setup that you are describing. Thank you for your time.

I'll see what I can do. Maybe PM me an email addy cuz I got no clue how to post pics here.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-07 AT 10:04AM (MST)[p]Take a look at the Snipe Pods.

Slide

Heres the problem I see with SlingStix...noise! When you see them taken out of their carrying case, do they crash together? That is what it looks like in their commercial. I have a Harris Bi-pod on my gun and I will not shoot without it. I don't miss shots because they are so sturdy. I can shoot off of sopes because they are swiveled so you can keep your gun upright. Are they heavy? Kind of...but I can lug around an extra pound or two on my shoulder. I won't hunt without them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom