SLV Monument expansion

smitho

Hey guys I don't know how many of you may be aware but there is a push going on right now to expand the Rio Grand Del Norte National Monument into southern CO. There is a group of local Ranchers, hunters, fisherman and concerned citizens opposing it. They have some letters ready to sign and they encourage you to send your own letters to our representatives as well. I can try to share some of that here if anyone is interested. Anyhow I wanted to inform as many people as possible about this as I can see it having an impact on the way we use or lands in the years to come. Thanks

>Hey guys I don't know how
>many of you may be
>aware but there is a
>push going on right now
>to expand the Rio Grand
>Del Norte National Monument into
>southern CO. There is a
>group of local Ranchers, hunters,
>fisherman and concerned citizens opposing
>it. They have some letters
>ready to sign and they
>encourage you to send your
>own letters to our representatives
>as well. I can try
>to share some of that
>here if anyone is interested.
>Anyhow I wanted to inform
>as many people as possible
>about this as I can
>see it having an impact
>on the way we use
>or lands in the years
>to come. Thanks

Link please! Or other information!

Sorry for the ultra slow response fellas. I cant figure out how to attach the form letters to our State Representatives as well as the letter to Conejos County Clean Water which is the local environmental group that is pushing for the monument and trying to get local support. I think CCCW is made up people with good intentions but the funding behind the group has been found to be from some pretty radical environmental groups.

Not directly about the monument but you can be sure its all part of the same push and you know its bad when wildearth guardians is involved.
http://www.taosnews.com/news/article_c9781436-ff37-11e5-9bad-d313cd0a8361.html

Here is a link to CCCWs web page talking about the Monument expansion.
http://www.taosnews.com/news/article_c9781436-ff37-11e5-9bad-d313cd0a8361.html

I will see what I can do to get some more info posted on here.

Thanks

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom