Smokeless

runamuk

Very Active Member
Does anybody here personally know somebody that chews or chewed and got cancer or any other serious complications directly related to dip?
Worst I know of is gum loss and missing teeth.

No, but I think a “spit cup” is possibly the worst smell on Earth. Completely disgusting.

Not sure why anybody would spit out perfectly good tobacco??
I do appreciate you answering the question though.

Last edited:
I know a guy who chewed and got oral cancer. He took the cure (not very pleasant) and has been fine since. That was about 10 years ago.

And yeah, a friend of mine from high school dealt with cancer from chewing tobacco. Lost part of his jaw. Has had a shitload of surgeries to reconstruct his face. mtmuley

A good friend & classmate from high school died at age 49 from oral cancer. He started chewing when he was a pitcher on the baseball team when he was 15. I tried it once....never been so sick , thankfully.

My wife did oral surgery for 12 years, both in office and hospital. Terrible stories of mouth, tongue, and bone cancers from smokeless tobacco use. One of the worst and most disfiguring types a person can experience!!!

A good friend & classmate from high school died at age 49 from oral cancer. He started chewing when he was a pitcher on the baseball team when he was 15. I tried it once....never been so sick , thankfully.
Same happened to me at 14. Baseball rite of passage. I still gag when someone puts that $4&+ in their mouth. That was over 50 years ago

A friend in his twenties developed oral cancer which cost him an eye for a few years before it killed him. It wasn't pretty, and it made it pretty easy to quit.

Yes I do have a friend who contracted mouth cancer. Numerous surgeries, wounds left open to drain for weeks, radiation, reconstruction, loss of gums and teeth, liquid diets for most of a year, no booze. It was quite gross to be honest.

The guy I know, his dentist saw the sign, and he caught it early so there was no disfiguring surgery. He got lucky. He was off work for a few months though.

One of the best fellas I ever knew dipped Copenhagen his entire adult life which unfortunately very short. He died of mouth cancer at a fairly young age leaving a young daughter.

I chewed Copenhagen for 21 yrs. it’s been 9 yrs since I’ve had one…
?hopefully it doesn’t come back to haunt me…

Many thanks for all the replies.

Out of the 13 replies it looks like 9 of you only know One person that chew did not agree with and caused them great harm.
Two that dont know anybody.
And one that that has heard of multiple bad cases but apparently doesn’t know anybody personally.

I personally have never met anybody that has had serious issues with smokeless tobacco, and I have no idea how many people I know that chew but it’s a bunch!!
I suspect many of you know a bunch as well.
It seems thats really not too bad of odds.

I used dip for many years and quit last February,
The urge to stuff some tobacco in my mouth nags that me pretty much every waking moment of my life.
I’m tempted to buy a can every day but I’m going to hold out and hope this nag goes away someday.
Many thanks Everyone.

Many thanks for all the replies.

Out of the 13 replies it looks like 9 of you only know One person that chew did not agree with and caused them great harm.
Two that dont know anybody.
And one that that has heard of multiple bad cases but apparently doesn’t know anybody personally.

I personally have never met anybody that has had serious issues with smokeless tobacco, and I have no idea how many people I know that chew but it’s a bunch!!
I suspect many of you know a bunch as well.
It seems thats really not too bad of odds.

I used dip for many years and quit last February,
The urge to stuff some tobacco in my mouth nags that me pretty much every waking moment of my life.
I’m tempted to buy a can every day but I’m going to hold out and hope this nag goes away someday.
Many thanks Everyone.
I crave it everyday also and especially on a day like today… I take my friends cans all the time and take a big sniff, my mouth will water… I sure miss it, but I can’t go back even as a social chewer..,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom