Snack Stix (Deer)

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
My first time I've made Snack Stix. Cabelas Original Flavor. I added a couple Tablespoons of Freshly ground Black Pepper. Amazing, but oh so much work. I have Jalapeño Summer Sausage in the Smoker now. Jerky curing for tomorrow's round and I will make 50 lbs more of the Snack Stix.
20231129_144453.jpg

Nice job Slick. Nice smoker too. My Masterbuilt isn't huge but it has 6 trays. Maybe I should hang them. Do they ever break when you take them out? Do yiu like the Stix or the Sausage better ?

I like both equally well.
The Sticks rarely brake when I remove them. They're long enough that there's still some flexibility.
Yeah the gas makes it's easier to control temp providing it's cold enough outside. Not always easy to plan a cooking weekend with southeast Texas westher.

Jerky came out good. I decided not to make it sweet and just stay with the original flavor. After my smoker gave up the ghost, I had to buy a new one. It is the same 40". I think I will buy some materials and add one or two more racks. It keeps the heat constant so I think it would be fine.
20231203_091810.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom