Snow levels in McCall area.

smitty

Very Active Member
Going to be bear hunting in the McCall area around the first week of May, and was wondering what the winter has been like and what kind of snow levels they have currently.

thanks in advance.

Going off the snotel data for the stations around SW Idaho, access is gonna be limited for bears this year unless these temperatures stay in the 70's.

We had a super mild winter going until about the last week of February, then it just kept dumping. Bogus Basin and Brundage ski resorts extended their seasons...

That's what I had heard so was wondering if the bears were out early this year. Guess not?

Might have to come out a little later I guess?

Thanks for the info.

I might go scouting this weekend to see if they are out.

The first week of May was prime time last year for us. It's a lot greener already this year because we have had a good mix of rain and sun, but the snow pack is deeper so I'm not sure what to think. Will report back.

the foot hills are patchy snow , in the last few days the grass started to grow. let me know if you want better info. Larry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom