Snow on the ground???

RabidRattleSnake1

Anyone been around 16D in the last couple of days. My boy has a cow hunt the day after Christmas and I was wondering if we were going to be on hard crunchy snow. I am hoping not since it is his first hunt and I want it to be as easy as possible on him.

RE: RE: Snow on the ground???

I've got about 4" left from the 6-8" I had and am looking at Mangas Mtn getting socked in now again. I'm @ 7500'. Some crunchy ,some blowing powder around.Winter for sure.

Sledding out a hind quarter on Saturday:
IMG_20151212_154343_zpsmqbiexxv.jpg
[/URL]

It's here!!I can't see 100 yrds now.
I think there are 3 storms before Xmas lined up.

Well I guess I'll be sure to take the sled too. At least I should be able to tell where they are and where the are not.

Don't get a cheap sled, get a good one. It really sucks to have the rope tear out on the drag out.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I just got back from scouting for the same hunt for my daughter. Alot of snow up high and around Aragon, but it seems to be melting pretty fast.

I was in 16e over the weekend helping a couple buddies on their cow elk hunt. We were in about 6" of snow on opening day which wasn't bad. It was the friggin fog and 30-mile winds in 18-degrees that made for miserable conditions. All's well that ends well though--after a three-mile track in the snow we finally caught up to some and they both tagged out.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom