SNOW

chipc

Very Active Member
Sounds like we're in for a change this week. I waited until the last week of the season instead of the opener for my deer hunt. Glad I did ! Heading out there on Tuesday. Can't wait. Not sleeping well :>)

Good luck Chip!! To my knowledge, nobody has done more homework than you have in preparing for your hunt. In our 87 hunt, 2010, the first good snow got the better bucks moving and starting to join up with the does. It could get real good!

This should help your sleeping! ;-)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Thanks Joey,
yeah,I've ton a ton of research and have met some really nice people (like you )along the way. We'll have a great hunt. Hopefully a big 'un will show up but either way its going to be fun. THANKS to all who have helped me.

hi chipc, best wishes to you on your deer hunt. thank you for your help on our antelope hunt we had earlier this month. i understand the no sleep thing i've struggled with it 35 years as the hunt draws near. i have the first full week of nov off to hunt deer in iowa and i know how i get with the troubles sleeping as the hunt draws near. hope you smoke a giant.

jon

Looks like the weather Gods are going to help ya out some. Good Luck on the hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

chipc,

Hope you have a great hunt!! You should have the place to yourself for sure. Spent the last 2.5 weeks out there chasing bulls with my hunting buddy and then deer for myself. Saw a ton of bulls and a ton of deer, buddy shot a 330" bull second too last day and I shot a 125" whitetail two nights ago! Some things to be aware of, junk hill is no longer accessible on atv's, Doug at the stone ranch blocked it off and you can't get a pickup anywhere near that lower sage country anymore due to lack of moisture and soft sand! We put in many many miles and tons of glassing and I just lost interest and settled on a average whitey because we just didn't see any mulies worth it! I was really hoping with the bull hunt I could tuck a good buck away for my tag but didn't happen! Best deer we saw was a 150" 3 point on top of youngs pass coming from the north side. I do know that raymonds granddaughter killed a fair buck and regardless you should have a fun hunt!! Good luck, looking forward to see if someone else can get the job done! I leave for my bull hunt on Monday on the Shirleys so I'll be back out in that country again in a few days

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-12 AT 12:30PM (MST)[p]chipc,

Hope you have a great hunt!! You should have the place to yourself for sure. Spent the last 2.5 weeks out there chasing bulls with my hunting buddy and then deer for myself. Saw a ton of bulls and a ton of deer, buddy shot a 330" bull second too last day and I shot a 125" whitetail two nights ago! Some things to be aware of, junk hill is no longer accessible on atv's, Doug at the stone ranch blocked it off and you can't get a pickup anywhere near that lower sage country anymore due to lack of moisture and soft sand! We put in many many miles and tons of glassing and I just lost interest and settled on a average whitey because we just didn't see any mulies worth it! I was really hoping with the bull hunt I could tuck a good buck away for my tag but didn't happen! Best deer we saw was a 150" 3 point on top of youngs pass coming from the north side. I do know that raymonds granddaughter killed a fair buck and regardless you should have a fun hunt!! Good luck, looking forward to see if someone else can get the job done! I leave for my bull hunt on Monday on the Shirleys so I'll be back out in that country again in a few days

Guess I should mention one day we walked all the sage country to the north of windy ridge and could see some bucks out in the flats but couldn't get over to them in time and they looked fair just never could confirm or deny!! There are some good bucks out there just have to find em!!

Good luck chip. Wish I could have given you more info! From what I hear tere is some decent horn growth out there this year. Remember what I told you this spring! Post some pics when your done!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom