So CA mule deer

m_freeman

I'll tell ya these public lands So CA public lands mule deer are the hardest deer I have ever hunted. I found a good population of deer but they are all nocturnal, they refuse to reveal themselves during legal hunting hours. I can go back over a trail from the day before, the next morning it looks like a race track for deer. I hear them wandering around the hillside from my tent at night. Those deer won't leave the thick brush for any reason, .....the &*^^%$# things got me frustrated this year. Maybe next year I will figure a strategy that will work, glassing the feeding, water and trails to and fro every legal minute isn't working. I hunt solo so maybe a slingshot and sling rocks into the brush and get them out on to an escape trail. That being said, it was a fantastic time, located a very dense deer herd, that in itself is an achievement here in So CA. Then I got to spend a total of 8 days over the season backpacking into an area where there were no other hunters and you don't even hear planes fly over head, one more big achievement in So CA, so the tag soup isn't too bad.

The good news is that we still get to hunt bucks!

Try mimicking a young fawn in distress with a varmint call. I have often gotten brushed up deer to show themselves, often, they will come running looking for a fight with the, about to eat, predator.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>The good news is that we
>still get to hunt bucks!
>
>
>Try mimicking a young fawn
>in distress with a varmint
>call. I have often gotten
>brushed up deer to show
>themselves, often, they will come
>running looking for a fight
>with the, about to eat,
>predator.
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

ah ha I will try this

I filled my AO tag about 2 weeks ago in the D-11 zone with a smaller buck.

A co-worker, who rifle hunts D-14, let the air out of this one yesterday morning. They're out there......gotta keep at it.

5415d14_buck.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom