So this is a Bow?

I saw that and was gonna post it up...Seems pretty cool and I think it would be fun to use for Small Game/Predators and Targets, but I don't think I would want it legalized for anything other than the "Any Weapon" hunt here in Utah for Big Game. It seemed like only a matter of time before something like this would come to light.

Neat concept though, I just prefer my standard Archery equipment.

?-ERock-> ?

Just a gun that shoots arrows. I'm sure Utah will legalize it for the archery hunt next year, those Puzzy's need every advantage they can get. Probably have a unlimited power scope on it as well! Bunch of hardcore trophy guys that would love to hunt with a bow but are having a hard time seeing there sights to hunt. Atleast our archery elk season might be during the rut now that we have a less primative weapon, that will be nice.

Pneumatic gun. Just uses arrows instead of more traditional 'gun' projectiles. A bow is a mechanism that transfers energy from the shooter to the arrow via flexible limbs.

Even Jim Shockey was "shocked":)

Maybe we could squeeze a 5 day airbow season in between archery and muzzy season. lol

Jim actually trusts his life to his airbow like he does so many other things he advertises in his shows!!!

Another win for poachers....One more tool to add to their bag of quiet but effective ways to kill animals out of season.

It's very cool but should be used during the rifle season only. The only part of that gadget which resembles my bow setup is the projectile.

If Shocky was shock with the speedy kill he should become more versed in bow hunting. I thought the kill was fast and clean but nothing shocking about it when compared to a properly place arrow from a more traditional rig.

Wow, when did I start calling a compound bow traditional? LOL

There's my 2 cents,
Zeke

It looks like it's legal in 1 State for mule deer, 3 for bear and 5 for whitetail across the whole country... with a couple "pending".

The only contiguous State, to my home State, is Arizona.

Unless something drastically changes I will not be buying one just to shoot a coyote or prairie dog. It would be a fun toy however but not a legal (everywhere) serious hunting tool just yet.

I'd rather have a top-flight pellet rifle.

By the way, where would a guy go to fill a 3000 psi tank???

Zeke

>It looks like it's legal in
>1 State for mule deer,
>3 for bear and 5
>for whitetail across the whole
>country... with a couple "pending".
>
>
>The only contiguous State, to my
>home State, is Arizona.
>
>Unless something drastically changes I will
>not be buying one just
>to shoot a coyote or
>prairie dog. It would be
>a fun toy however but
>not a legal (everywhere) serious
>hunting tool just yet.
>
>I'd rather have a top-flight pellet
>rifle.
>
>By the way, where would a
>guy go to fill a
>3000 psi tank???
>
>Zeke

Now (as of 01/11/16), there are 5 mule deer states and 22 whitetail states (including all 5 mule deer states) with none pending. Whether they are legal for archery, crossbow or any weapon seasons, it doesn't say.

FWIW, I couldn't convince my wife that it's a bow when I asked if I could buy a new one!

>Who says it's a bow?
>Not even close.
>
>BOHNTR )))---------->

+1
That's what I meant to say but I got too wordy!
Zeke

>Now (as of 01/11/16), there are
>5 mule deer states and
>22 whitetail states (including all
>5 mule deer states) with
>none pending. Whether they are
>legal for archery, crossbow or
>any weapon seasons, it doesn't
>say.
>

Umm, I think you need to double check.

I see as of 1/11/2016 it is legal to harvest mule deer in 1 state w/0 pending, and whitetails in 4 w/2 pending.

Oh Hell No! That's not a bow
Did anyone else see the show with an air gun that shoots 30 cal. bullets the two weapons look similar. I think it was called a bull dog not for sure though. I wasn't impressed

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

What's more disappointing in this video is Jim Shockey hunting what must definitely be a canned Buffalo Hunt..??

As far as the arrow gun goes, that's pretty sweet. I don't think anyone in their right mind could ever argue that it is a "bow" or "archery" equipment as it neither contains an arch of any kind, nor a bow to its shape... Besides that, a bow or archery equipment is designated as such because energy that is stored in a bow or arch, is transferred to a projectile, giving it forward momentum. It's not archery equipment.

If you want to speculate, let's really speculate. With such weapons available now, its only a matter of time until "firearms" are banned. :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom