So what are you in for?

The game and fish puts their revenue above anything else.

If that were true, would they have to sell more or less licenses this year to increase revenue over last year? To issue more licenses, would they have to increase or decrease the state-wide quotas?

Asking for a friend...

If that were true, would they have to sell more or less licenses this year to increase revenue over last year? To issue more licenses, would they have to increase or decrease the state-wide quotas?

Asking for a friend...
Of course they can't increase licences every year or they wouldnt have anything to sell. They sure don't push that super tag raffle very hard do they?

Let me ask you this buzz do you agree with how they manage everything?

Everything? No. Most things, yes. Pretty good job over-all providing reasonable opportunity while maintaining pretty good quality as well. Good mix of management practices for higher buck to doe ratio's in special elk, deer, and pronghorn management as well as managing some units more for recreation. Its not lop-sided management favoring either full on opportunity or full on LQ and quality/trophy management.

I'm fine with people picking fly chit out of the pepper over some specific management disagreements with the GF. But, to make stuff up that they put herds at risk to increase quota's based on revenue generation...that's just not true or fair to the Department. The numbers show that...and they've already been provided.

IMO/E, the GF is pretty conservative on pronghorn quotas and that's reflected in quality experiences/hunts I've had over the last 20+ years.

I do not think they are putting that herd in danger what so ever. Ive hunted that area myself or with friends for the last 4 or so years. Its managed for trophy quality. I do think they could possibly be putting the trophy quality in danger but even that would only effect the herd for a year tops as we know buck antelope can reach book status at only 2+ years of age

Long weekend in a unit that's under recreation management:

D5050F1D-0076-4A25-95FF-2816D3659EF9.jpeg

And another from the same unit a couple weeks later.

E777FEC0-376C-4CE8-9F48-A760D1CFA0DF1.jpeg

All upper 70's, low 80's type bucks...

Saw only a few hunters while out hunting, I knew about half of the handful I ran into.

Bad management?

Long weekend in a unit that's under recreation management:

D5050F1D-0076-4A25-95FF-2816D3659EF9.jpeg

And another from the same unit a couple weeks later.

E777FEC0-376C-4CE8-9F48-A760D1CFA0DF1.jpeg

All upper 70's, low 80's type bucks...

Saw only a few hunters while out hunting, I knew about half of the handful I ran into.

Bad management?

Nice goats!!!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom