So What were your hunt choices??

Non-res with 12 points
9 archery elk

9 antelope .

Not holding my breath , figure I have a few more years on elk and who knows if I'll ever draw lopes .

Elk NR 13 points: 9 rifle, 9 archery
Ant NR 14 points: 10, 5B

Most likely just two more bonus points for next year - good luck everyone!

Horniac

10 NR elk points
Unit 9 archery
Unit 1 archery
Likely one more year away.

16 NR pronghorn points
Points only as I expect to draw UT pauns archery deer, but hope to try for unit 10 archery pronghorn next year.

Just wondering why people even put a third choice? Not many hunts have tags after first round.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-12 AT 06:01PM (MST)[p]Me

elk bp,will have 15 points next year. Gonna try to draw 9 archery bull. I'll keep going till I get that tag, then worry about other units in the future.
Antelope bp, will have 20 points next year. Might apply for 5B and 10 rifle next year.

Son

elk bp, will have 10 next year. Will probably apply him for an archery bull tag in a unit he has a chance to draw, like the 5s or 6s.
Antelope bp, will have 17 next year. Gonna keep gettting him points till he can draw one of the top couple units in the state for a rifle tag.

He's in pretty good shape, points-wise, for a kid of 24 years old. he also has 16 sheep points and 7 deer points. He's already drawn AZ elk and deer tags as a teenager, and killed a 334" bull in 5bs and 188 "buck in 12ae.

>Just wondering why people even put
>a third choice? Not
>many hunts have tags after
>first round.

my dad drew 7w late rifle bull w/ his 3rd choice 2 years ago, so I always fill in the choices just incase!

Antlerless and anterless for me. No more bull tags for this sportsman.

Forget third, fourth, and fifth choices unless you want a antlerless archery permit...

Otherwise you are just wasting ink!

Don Martin

For residents, I think as one of my guides puts it, "It is what it is!" Sure there are 20% of the tags going to the those in the top tier--but those folks have paid their dues and ought to see some kind of advantage. After all we residents, no matter how many BP we have, get a crack at the remaining 80% of the tags.

Let's face it, there is just not enough game in Arizona to go around!

For junior's, I'd like to see them get a "one and done" tag for each species. Seems like a lot of them get multiple tags as juniors, while others seem to fall int he cracks and never get a junior tag. That being said, IF there were juniors tags left over, then I'd say let those who had them prior apply for them.

For NR I'd like to see it changed to where a tag or two from the 10% NR pool would be open for ALL NR's, no matter how many bonus points they have.

Right now, if a NR isn't in the max bonus point pool, they have 0 chance of ever drawing a unit 13B deer tag.

If we are going to "ding" them for that NR license fee every year, they at least deserve a "chance" at a premium tag out of their 10% "quota" which really isn't a quota as we all know it.

Other than that, if someone has ideas on a change, I'd like to hear it. PM me with any details.

Don Martin

That would be a great start Don. I'd love to see something like that happen. I'd rather have a lousy chance at drawing a tag instead of the current situation of ZERO chance. At least in Nevada I can apply for a desert bighorn sheep with ZERO points and still have a chance. Not to mention the dedicated tags going to NR is nice to know. Right now this "up to 10%" crap really sucks.

For the NR its preference points now instead of bonus points. I wish they didin't have the the 20% pass for NR. Atleast I have a chance to draw every year. Now I know it will be 15 years until I draw. NRs over 60 need not apply anymore. They removed alot of seniors from the application poll.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom