So who put in for what?

I applied for....Wait a minute, I'm a Wyo resident this year so I don't have to apply for elk until May 1.

Best of luck to all!

32 here also. Put in for 121 and then changed it an hour later. Iffen we draw I won't be worried about Gentle Ben coming into my tent. Partner got me spooked!! Called me up everytime there was a bear versus man on the Animal Channel.

I am hoping 4 years in a row, this being my 4th year if I draw!

Solo appl, 0 points and 'cheapie fee'.

I did toss another $302 for the RP cow in #91.

Robb

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-10 AT 04:10PM (MST)[p]Max Points - 113 elk, 102 deer, 60 lope, 23 moose

Maybe everyone will forget 113, and I will slip under the radar? Not :)

I think a guy can still change the picks tho, for a while.

Unit 75 Special here for my first choice. Put down General for my 2nd choice, hopefully I'll end up with a tag and a preference point.

I put in for 113 special with max points. Quess we will wait and see who gets lucky.I wish you all the best of luck.

>My two sons and I all
>put in separately for 058-1
>all with max points.........long shot.
>

Why put in separately? WY looks at all party apps as a single
ap. If there is only one tag left and you draw, you all get tags.

Ahhhhh sh!t!! I'm a NR.....missed my chance for a point! Next year I had better remember it is so early. Thanks for clearing it up.

Steve

Midwest - we put in separately so that we have three chances in the drawing instead of only one. If one of us draws, we all get to go along and enjoy the experience!!!!

I didn't put in for anything this year ! I'm taking a backpack trip up into the Wind River Range in August and if I have some money after that I'll buy an antelope or deer tag out of the leftovers the Wyominites are nice enough to leave for me in the area I antelope hunt usually.

Pat C.

2 applicants, max points, special (extortion)

1st Choice Unit 7,
2nd Choice General

My buddy and I differ on the chances of a second choice draw on the general tag. I think the odds are a bit long and he thinks we had better be planning our hunt.

Any thoughts?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-10 AT 04:49PM (MST)[p]>2 applicants, max points, special (extortion)
>
>
>1st Choice Unit 7,
>2nd Choice General
>
>My buddy and I differ on the chances of a second choice draw on the general tag. I think the odds are a bit long and he thinks we had better be planning our hunt.
>
>Any thoughts?

I'm not 100% exactly how they split it all up but last year if you put down GEN as your 2nd choice in the random draw side of things you were 100% successful. I would assume that is the same for the preference point side of things to.

The numbers get a bit confusing between the Random Draw Results and the Preference Point Draw results though.

Crazy thing is that over 100 folks with 2 or more preference points put in for the general tag with their special license. Those guys just basically wasted $400 since with 1 or more point the general tag is a 100% draw for the regular priced license.

Let's see if I can get this straight...

Applications ----- Special PP ------ Special Random

Total Quota --------- 1,058 ---------- 352 (75% PP; 25% Random)

ISSUED
1st choice 0 points - 524------------- 154
1st choice 1+ pts --- 535-------------- 0
2nd choice 0 points - --- ------------- 89
3rd choice 0 points - --- ------------- 20

That leaves 89 leftover tags in the Special Random draw. I still don't know how you get in the Preference Point Draw with 0 points.

The Preference point draw results don't show any information for 2nd choice results, maybe they all get thrown over to the Random after the 1st choice?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom