SO??? WHO'S TIRED OF BUYING CHINA BUILT TRASH???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I'm More Than Tired Of It!

And I Stray From It Every Chance I Get!

Growing Up We Always Bought YAMAHA Or HONDA Generators!

Ya,They Cost A Little More But They Were Worth It!

Ya Gotta Dig Deep But Even Alot Of HONDA & YAMAHA Generators Are MADE IN F'N CHINA Now!

So The Last Two Go Around's I Studied Trying To Find MADE IN THE USA Generators!

The Last 2 I've Bought Have Been The GENERAC Brand!

They Claim To Be USA!

Don't Know If Every Little Part Is USA?

But I'll Take My Chances!

I'm Sick & F'N Tired Of All The CHEAP Built F'N TRASH That We Have To Buy & There's No Other Choice!

So?

Let's Get A List Of Items You Know For Sure That Are Made In The USA!

I Expect This List To Be Huge!:D

Got an older Honda. At the time, it never occurred to me to ask where it was made. It is still strong after ten or fifteen years. The last thing I bought that I know was made entirely in the US was a Winchester model 12. When it comes to guns and tools, I may not be able to afford half as many if I buy US, but at least I know I will only have to buy them once and my kids can use them when I'm gone.

Got an older Honda. At the time, it never occurred to me to ask where it was made. It is still strong after ten or fifteen years. The last thing I bought that I know was made entirely in the US was a Winchester model 12. When it comes to guns and tools, I may not be able to afford half as many if I buy US, but at least I know I will only have to buy them once and my kids can use them when I'm gone.

I think a lot of the newer Hondas are built in Tennessee.

I tried an American Ford once. Didn't even make it out the dealership before it broke

That So Called Weather Baloon With The Satellite Hanging Underneath of it?

The Second That SUM-BITTCH Entered US Airspace I'd Of Knocked It Out Of The Air & Seen Where It Was Made!

But Biden Let It Fly Over All Of Our Military Bases!

Then Bragged That We Shot It Down Over Atlantic & Then told Everybody China Didn't Get Anything,We Shot It Down!

And I Guess Alot Of Americans Believed That BS!

I think my paper towels are made in America, but I don't know about the chemicals they use to make them. The trees were grown here.

I'll admit that I do have a TON of tools from harbor freight. I simply can't afford to buy stuff that I can "guarantee" is made in USA. Most of the stuff we buy that is "Made in the USA" is just assembled here.

Over the last 50-60 years, we have let our manufacturing go right out of country to keep our prices low.

Some of the best stuff that I own I have built myself. Welded it up out of scrap metal I have right here on my property.

You can’t be a lazy unemployed SOB and at the same time whine about Chinese junk. That’s hypocrisy.

don't worry elk ass. Chinese nationals are the fastest growing group at our completely not unsecure southern border. and their all military aged men too! so "made in china" in your lifetime may soon be the tag you're looking for to buy domestic!

I look for US made first, then almost every other country aside from china. It's getting harder to do as a lot of stuff is outsourced to china.

My uncle did a lot of cool things in the Pacific theater during WW2. He was on hand for many of the major battles, but not Iwo Jima, as a bodyguard for the 2ND MARDIV chaplains. For years he hated Japanese stuff, but loved his German cars. I aksed him about that one day and he told me that the Germans didn't piss hiim off.

Around here we produce a lot of hardwood lumber. We ship it to China and they make furniture with it and ship it back to us.

Maybe someone can explain the economics of that to me.

I work for a manufacturer that does it's best to source and build everything here in the USA. It is getting harder and harder to be competitive with many of our products. A lot of people stand up and say they want genuine made in the USA right up until the time they have to choose to pay for it. The vast majority of purchase decisions are made with price as the #1 consideration.

I Will Pay More For Quality & MADE IN THE USA Every F'N Time!

I work for a manufacturer that does it's best to source and build everything here in the USA. It is getting harder and harder to be competitive with many of our products. A lot of people stand up and say they want genuine made in the USA right up until the time they have to choose to pay for it. The vast majority of purchase decisions are made with price as the #1 consideration.

don't worry elk ass. Chinese nationals are the fastest growing group at our completely not unsecure southern border. and their all military aged men too! so "made in china" in your lifetime may soon be the tag you're looking for to buy domestic!
Reminds of the movie “ The campaign “ They called it insourcing…..Bring them here and call it made in America. Funny movie

Around here we produce a lot of hardwood lumber. We ship it to China and they make furniture with it and ship it back to us.

I can. Americans don’t want to work. We have tons of available jobs but no one to do them. Of course we need China and Mexico to build stuff for us.

I can. Americans don’t want to work. We have tons of available jobs but no one to do them. Of course we need China and Mexico to build stuff for us.
to be fair not sure Chinese "want" to work any more or less then we do. lot less choice in the matter over there however

Bess and Homer Hatfield knives are 100% American made. The steel is made in the U.S. by CPM steel mill who has the patent on the S30V steel. The majority of my handle scales are made by a retired CHP officer that lives about 12 miles from me.
I will not allow cheap Chinese steel in my shop as they are soft steel and will not hold a sharp edge.
RELH

I have to admit if you want good quality U.S.A. made, you are going to pay a higher price for that item. I buy my S30V steel in flat bars that are 36 inches long by 1-1/2 inches wide, 1/8 inch thick. That flat bar runs me almost $4.50 per inch with shipping added to the cost. I get 4 knives out of the bar, so there is around 38 to 40 dollars of steel in the average hunting knife. Heck you can buy a cheap Chinese knife for my price of steel. Just do not wipe the cheap Chinese blade across your butt as it will get dull.:LOL:

Hey RELH!

You'll Have To SPLAIN It To Homer!

I Already Know!

Not All Chinese Steel Is Soft!

I Had A USA Made Gerber Several Years Ago That Was A Good Knife Until I Lost It!

Not A Big Deal,Right?

Wrong!

I Bought What I Thought Was The Same Knife!

Wrong Again!

This One Had MADE IN CHINA on The Blade!

It Dulled Quick & You Couldn't Sharpen The POFT!

Had A Professional Knife Sharpener Say:I'll Sharpen It For You!

Well He Failed!

He Said:That's The John Wayne Of All Knives,He Was Pissed!

Now If I Could Get That Limited Edition RELH GUT-HOOK I'd Be Knived Up!

Bess and Homer Hatfield knives are 100% American made. The steel is made in the U.S. by CPM steel mill who has the patent on the S30V steel. The majority of my handle scales are made by a retired CHP officer that lives about 12 miles from me.
I will not allow cheap Chinese steel in my shop as they are soft steel and will not hold a sharp edge.
RELH

Anybody Remember When BUCK Knives Went To China?

That Shhitt Didn't Last Too Long!
I had a final edition Buck Knife. Lost it on my Nov Deer hunt. But I do have 2 RELH knives which I wouldn't trade for 20 of the Buck Knife I lost.
Yeah, tired of Chinese junk.
Tired of their policies and Commie ways too.
Tired of them wiping their arses and throwing the paper in gas station garbages

I had a final edition Buck Knife. Lost it on my Nov Deer hunt. But I do have 2 RELH knives which I wouldn't trade for 20 of the Buck Knife I lost.
Yeah, tired of Chinese junk.
Tired of their policies and Commie ways too.
Tired of them wiping their arses and throwing the paper in gas station garbages
That is the beaners….

Kifaru Packs, Schnees Boots, and Darn Tough Socks are all made in USA with great quality, durability, and customer service. We need more USA manufacturing, but that results in significant increased retail pricing which the market may or may not tolerate. Hopefully we see more policy changes in favor of USA made goods in the future. We also need a work force willing to work these jobs which is a struggle in almost all industries in our country currently.

Cheap labor...if only obviously.

Same reason for all over seas manufacturing. American politicians hate American labor almost as much as American Corporations do.

They would rather see corporate America make record profits off the backs of 10 year old foreign laborers. No liability and who cares if it takes away a job for someone here.

Bottom line, all it is.

Last edited:
I went to the SHOT show if Vegas last month. I couldn't believe the amount of Chinese vendors there. Selling everything from AR's and AK's to optics, knives, clothing, etc. Didn't see them getting much attention.

Right on. Thanks for the link. Ill probably have to check out some of those work jeans.

I got no problem paying a little extra for american made gear.

Craftsman power washer. As a bonus, it is not CA emissions compliant.
1000008481.jpg

This Might Be?

How Bout It Eel?

You Ever Run One Of These?

Yes Sir, I know all about those. In high school I entered the Junior Logging Conference competition one year in the single buck category. A gathering of 5 different high schools. I was the last guy to compete, and I tied the leader. They made us run it again to break the tie and I lost by about 3 seconds.

Me & My Son Bought Some Spouts Similar To What Homer Posted!

Then I Took Some stainless Air Fittings,Pulled The Valve Guts Out,Metal Caps & Installed Them For The Vents!

Worked Good Until The Gas Ate The MADE IN F'N CHINA JUNK Rubber Seals Up!

My Son Bought A Couple Of These:

flo fast.jpg

Just About A 2 Man Can!

15 Gallons!

Me & My Son Bought Some Spouts Similar To What Homer Posted!

Then I Took Some stainless Air Fittings,Pulled The Valve Guts Out,Metal Caps & Installed Them For The Vents!

Worked Good Until The Gas Ate The MADE IN F'N CHINA JUNK Rubber Seals Up!

My Son Bought A Couple Of These:

View attachment 138000

Just About A 2 Man Can!

15 Gallons!
Strange place to put the vent. It looks like once you tip the can up, the vent may not be able to purge air.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom