Some 2nd season pics

Deercy

Full plate....

IMG-20231104-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20231104-WA0015.jpg

20231104_072911.jpg

20231103_132138.jpg

20231103_024859.jpg

I had one day to hunt, after spending 3 antelope hunting, probably around two weeks elk hunt scouting, hunting, packing out meat. Thats pushing it in my house....I had a PLO buck tag with 600 acres of private sagebrush flat. Very unattractive stuff. My 13 year old had a doe tag via a voucher a friend gave us. Shooting mulie does hurts, but it was his only shot at hunting deer. I told him he had to use a bow, and he was all about that. He's never killed anything other that ground squirrels with the bow. We left at 2 Friday morning. Got there at 7. The access gate on the road in was blocked with a padlock, so we went looking elsewhere for a doe. We looked at lots of animals, but didn't even take a bow with us. We then bounced and clawed our way through miles of two track, scratching my new paint, and got to the private. We hiked it and didn't see anything. I figured we needed to be back to the truck by three to get out and make a move on some does. As i walked out, I saw a thicker area that a depression had caused. I sent Parker upwind of it, and went down and behind. I saw a little buck laying in there, watching park up above. It isn't anything special, but was a perfect culmination, really. 2.5 year old 3x4. We skidded it out in record time, and made it to the doe gathering area by five. He stalked the first doe we saw, which was in as perfect of an area as possible, and shot it from 17 yards. He hit it terribly, high in front of the hips. It kicked and ran, blood just spraying out. It probably went 30 yards and tipped. I filmed it, and he was shaking like crazy, his bow tilted to probably 2 o'clock. Lucky is an understatement. Overall an amazing day, and a perfect end to a season. My oldest boy got his first bear and elk. I had a good time chasing muzzleloader antelope, a mental fight going on while I was elk hunting, and a no stress marathon to end it all, chasing deer like i was a teenager again.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom