some california mule deer sheds

D

deerhuntsalot

Here are some california sheds i found on my ranch in the last month. This is is zone D-8.
47d478717a17aecd.jpg

The first pic are six single sheds i found this month. all from last years or older. The big shed on the right is the biggest four point i have found, a 150 class with matching side. Pretty good for a california mule deer, and all the locals say there is blacktail influence as well.

47d47a85163629e4.jpg

47d47b441a866ce3.jpg

Here are two matching sets i found this weekend. I have never found mathcing sets before, so i was very stoked to see these. Their matches were within 15 feet of each other. the big set has 21 and 23 inch main beams with 3 inch bladed eyeguards. the one brown side in front is form this years, fresh prolly a week old at the most. I also found a black bear skull that scored 19 inches. Hopefully i will post more pics next weekend when i g out again.

Goodluck to everyone else shed hunting!

nice finds. I am glad to see you found a fresh brown, finally starting to drop. I will probably wait one more week before I hit my spot in D-6. My spot is so steep and nasty that you dont want to hike it more then once. So I always wait a little longer to ensure most bucks have dropped.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom