Some people

nvbones

Was driving to go fishing today and turned down the small road to the boat ramp with a 35 mph speed limit and theres a fawn in the middle of the road flopping with guts hanging out that was clearly just hit by a car. What I want to know is what kind of human being drives away from that situation?! Some people are real POS. Just a rant no point to it.

...did you stop and give it mouth to mouth???....I would not expect my mom to stop.

...maybe it was a granny

Sometimes the law over-rides ethics.
Most places it's illegal to finish off a deer if hit on the road...and illegal to back over it to put it out of it's misery.
Silly laws but I can see why they drive away and cannot see that there was anything else that they or you could do.
Zeke

>Sometimes the law over-rides ethics.
>Most places it's illegal to finish
>off a deer if hit
>on the road...and illegal to
>back over it to put
>it out of it's misery.
>
>Silly laws but I can see
>why they drive away and
>cannot see that there was
>anything else that they or
>you could do.
>Zeke

There is something you can do: Break the stupid law! If I hit a fawn or any animal for that matter and it's laying there suffering, I don't care what the BS law is, I'm going to do whatever I have to to put the animal out of its misery.

I'll never forget how pissed I was a year or so ago watching Steve from Steve's Outdoor Adventures on a Utah hunt when he came across a young buck that had been hit on the side of the road, still alive and suffering. Instead of shutting off the cameras and putting the deer down, he sits there for over an hour or so making a show out of it before an officer arrived and could "legally" put it down. Give me a break!! Remove head from ass and do the right thing!

I really feel like most law enforcement would side with someone putting down a suffering animal if caught in the act.

>Was driving to go fishing today
>and turned down the small
>road to the boat ramp
>with a 35 mph speed
>limit and theres a fawn
>in the middle of the
>road flopping with guts hanging
>out that was clearly just
>hit by a car.
>What I want to know
>is what kind of human
>being drives away from that
>situation?! Some people are real
>POS. Just a rant no
>point to it.

Sounds like to me the POS'es were doing more than 35 mph.
Obviously the humane act, would have been to put it out of it's misery, if they had a gun?

Sorry, have to chime in. You or I being men and hunters, yes, put it out of it's misery. Now my mom, sister, daughter or even grandma for that matter, is a different story. You just don't know the circumstances. Pretty hard to get worked up over that. And yes, sounds like they weren't going 35 MPH either.

Most CO's would side with putting the deer down, but what if you found one that didn't? Now your truck, and whatever you used to "poach" that deer is in the possession of the CO. And your hunting privileges are suspect fed for x amount of years. And you have s criminal record.

All so you could be a man and do the "right thing" according to some people on the Internet?

Honestly, if I was in the situation, I'd put the deer down. But this might not be so black and white for some people. And when the law states you can't do it, it's tough to sit on your high horse and criticize someone for following the law. There is another side to the coin, even if you refuse to look at it.

I see folks point of view about a mom or sister, I overlooked that because I was still pretty furious about. This is in pretty rural area where someone could have called there dad, brother, friend, or law enforcement. I just don't see how someone can just walk away from that.

Not everyone is capable of putting a deer down. But everyone is capable of staying and calling the right people to come take care of it. How could you just drive away while its suffering on the ground. I think its messed up too.

I agree a gun is not needed to put a deer down, driving over their head is more humane than leaving it to suffer. But in all honesty if it were my mom she would call and say what the hell do I do. I just don't see a situation where I or the vast majority would drive off and leave it for someone else to deal with, whenever that might be. A phone call at a minimum, or stop by the house across the street for help.

+1 on that. Why say someone is a POS when maybe it's someone that doesn't have the strong fortitude or method to dispatch the suffering critter. And may even their airbags were set off and they were sick from Sodium Azide.
It happened to me and I had to finish the doe off with a rock.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom