Some predators of the far North shot in the last month

Bullstodie

Me and my wife and one year old son are in the bush of Alaska. We moved up here from Montana in Aug. to teach in a small remote village on the Yukon River. In no time at all I was talking with the fish and game and got my first Yukon Moose tag. Things were tough and the season short and I was unable to put down a moose. All hope was gone.
Soon after reading in the regulations I found that I am able to hunt wolves and black bears around this area. Before I could get out, it started snowing. I don't have a snowmobile that I can use for personal use so I'm kind of stuck for now.
We decided to take some family pictures with the Yukon River in the back ground for our Xmas cards, little did we know that a hungry, old sow Griz was lurking in the distance. She had crossed the river, walked up the hill and entered into one of the neighbors property, in search of an easy dog on a leash treat. Little did this bear know, a man with a plan was near by with his weapon of choice (30-06 i believe). After a tense stand off and 3 shots, one predator was left standing.
322griz_layed_out.jpg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/9353thats_a_big_paw!.jpg
9896big_hind_paw.jpg

A Couple weeks later, I was sitting on the MM website dreaming that I was looking for some sheds somewhere in Montana, when a knock came to my ears. I jumped up and went to my front door. One of my students was really excited to tell me that he needed to use the shop to skin out his and his dads first wolf.
His dad had been traveling down the Yukon River and found its tracks, went back and picked up his boy and his guns and went on a search. They soon caught up with the big dog and put her down with a 22 and a 223. I was jacked to have the opportunity to play with both a large Griz dead on the Ground as well as a big pig eater.
2379wolf_one.jpg

7900wolf_on_table.jpg

Wife son and I with the piggy eater.
2927wolf_family.jpg

3140wolf_two.jpg

Many people in the village slammed some huge bull moose, but for them its all about the meat. I'm understanding that now! We are almost out of moose meat that some locals gave us. And beef... to get sent here...is ungodly priced! Oh well there is another season in Feb. for locals,,, i'll just have to go help the local shoot theirs in return for some meat.

"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

Nice pictures. Hope your spring hunt go's good.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU,LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE NOT TO MENTION AN EXPERINCE NOT MANY WILL EVER GET TO HAVE!BE SAFE, SHOOT ALL THE WOLVES YOU CAN AND THEN A FEW MORE,AND MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.GOD BLESS!MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! WWW,HUNTWOLVES.COM

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom