Son in law being deployed.....

S

supersider34

My new son in law is being deployed to Iraqi. He is being shipped out Jan 4th. Daughter is freaking out. They got married on Nov 12th the day I got my buck. She is 12 - 13 hrs from home herself. They havent even got into there base housing yet. They just get there house next week. My 2 grand kids and daughter are going to be there with no one there they know. Jacob has done alot for my daughter and grand kids. He took out a huge life insurance policy threw the military and daughter is not even the sole bene on it. He is making sure the grandkids will be set up. Can not ask for a better son in law. He is making sure she has everything set up for her and the kids. I am pretty stressed also as she might even be prego. Man what a mess. Kids stress me out more than anything. Good stress though. Just needed to get this off my chest.
He did a year already in Afghan and just got transferred from Hawaii.

fca2e9e9.jpg

Sounds like a great man! You and your family are blessed. All US soldiers are in my prayers, I wish him the very best. My brother in law just got back from his tour about 8 months ago, it was a huge stress reliever.

Drum

Jerry, sorry to hear that. I wish him the best. Tell him to keep his head up. Which branch is he in? Hopefully once the election is over there they will be able to start sending some of the troops home.

I served in the AF and got sent to Turkey during the 1st gulf war the day after Christmas. So I know how it is. Of course it was a little different when I would watch our jets take off loaded with bombs and see them come back a few hours later without them. Kind of detaches you from the real war.

Jacob is in the Army, Orlin. My daughter dated him in High School then the broke up. He enlisted and has been gone since. He re-enlisted as he wants to make it a career. He has been in Afghan then was over in Hawaii last. They broke up his unit and just made him state side. They got married on Nov. 12th and on the 14th they went to his new base. So many reservest that they could not get base housing. They have been in a kitchnette hotel since being up there.Just barely getting there house on base and he gets deployed. I am worried about him over there but he can take care of himself but my daughter is worried. Told her when she married him what to expect. His concerns are that his 2 new daughters will not know him when he gets home. Which I can see his point. They told him 6 months to a year over there.

fca2e9e9.jpg

If he's a good man over here, he'll me a good man to have over there too. I'm sure he'll do his duties and come back to you guys no doubt.

We always think of the soldiers over there fighting and often forget about the wives and familys here. We sometimes forget the sacrifices they make too! Be sure to tell your daughter how much we appriciate her also!

Steve

Good luck to him and God be with him.

I did seven years in the Army and told myself I would not get married until I got out. I followed through on it too.

Well I'm 34 yrs old and I have got to say thanks to all that support us military folk. I've been around this world a couple times and after the "sand box" I thought that would be the last X-mas from home...well here I am in Korea while my wife and two sons are at home with the grandparents. I've been married 13 years and been in the military for 15, my wife has been through it all and I thank her and all the other military spouse's. Your son in law needs to keep his powder dry and his nose in the wind. He'll be fine, if he has access to the internet the web cam works well and will keep those little one's close. I just got done watching my 8 year old open his new Browning Stainless Stalker, the one year old is sitting in is new battery operated Hummer, yelling DA, DA, DA. It will be hard but it also makes the little ones tough inside in a good way. Take care and send the whole family my best. Merry Christmas from South Korea!

Ewilt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom