Sons first bull elk

E

elkhntr

My son drew Valles Caldera 2nd rifle bull hunt. What a great time. It is beautiful and the people there are so nice. I archery hunted there a few years ago, so it was great to finally go back. He was assigned unit 13 which was one of the burned units. We saw lots of elk, no huge ones and lots with broken antlers. He was able to watch several bulls and pass on several until he finally decided he wanted this bull. Not the biggest, but a very nice bull and a very happy young man. There is nothing better in my mind than taking your kids hunting.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/6971img00037-20111017-0731.jpg

That's a great bull! Congrats to your son on the bull he will remember most for the rest of his life. Congrats to both of you!

Nothing wrong with that bull, Very nice bull. Congrats on a good hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Is it me, the photo, or is that bull just that big bodied? Wish I could have found one like that this year.

Congratulations to your son! Tell him, welcome to the addiction!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom