Sons hunt area 31 and 102

fishnut

I've posted here in the past about my son Bridger and his "Pathfinder" hunt in Wyoming. He has health problems and the hunt was put together by the Southern Utah SCI Chapter.
Unfortunately non of the chapter members that have helped before were able to go with us so it became a DYI hunt for us in Unit 31 for elk and 102 for deer. We hunted a couple of days when it opened and then We got snowed out for the next couple of days so We have not killed a bull although we did see a few nice bulls and plan on going back when the deer hunt opens and hunt both. I can't go up till the last weekend (4 days) of October So we will go then and hope for the best. I believe we will have a few guys along to help spot this time and I hope this will help.
I'm hoping for some encouraging words from those of you who know this area. I know the elk rut will be over but are they still in the same general areas? Can we still find a decent bull in an area that someone with limited mobility can get to?
We saw a few decent bucks also but nothing huge and I hope to find him a decent buck.
Just looking for an encouraging word as we got a bit frustrated last time due to loosing our help and having weather issues on 2 of the 4 days we had to hunt.
Thanks to the state of Wyoming for having a system to help kids with health problems. It really is a neat deal and I'm grateful to the SCI chapter for helping us get the tags.

I haven't been on little mountain since the 90s, but I'm sure your still going to be able to find some decent bulls probably a 6x6 probably not a huge one but decent that any kid would be happy to shoot.

As far as deer go I have no idea, didn't see many deer around there in the 90s, I'm sure they are there though. I guess you hope for enough snow to push them off the top of the mountain and onto the sage flats.

Check season dates I don't believe elk areas are open with deer areas this year. We can find some time to help you. let me know if you get taken care of

I have a 102 tag and will be happy to help out as best I can. PM a number you can be reached at when you will be down hunting and I will gladly call when I see a bull or buck that fits the bill for your son.

My son spent several weeks scouting/hunting elk this year. We would be happy to provide info or go up and help with the hunt. PM if we can help in any way

Looks like you have a some help already but i would be happy to help, I have a friend who has taken a 360 bull on little this year and a couple of other buddys with 102 deer tags. I would love to help you out. My ex wifes little cousin is special needs, I took him for his first hunt when he was 14, It was one of the most amazing hunting experiences I have ever had, I couldnt hold back the tears when he killed his first buck!! One thing I can tell you about the elk around little Mtn is that they like the brush and the deep canyons, most of the big cannyons out there like current creek have roads in them. They also hold some pretty nice deer. I have spent alot of time in the areas around Rock Springs working, looking for animals, and ive guided several hunts. I have found that in most cases using a some kind of vechical to cover a lot of ground to locate the animals really works best. If I can help in any way please let me know. You can PM your number, I wish you and your son the best of luck!!!

Wow, thanks for all the offers for some help. It amazes me how generous the hunting community can be. Bridger is an amazing kid who loves to hunt and fish and the last few years have really taken a lot of that from him and that is hard on him.

Yeah regs state that elk hunt is open with the deer hunt. It had been proposed (suggest by the G&F in the season setting meeting) that the elk hunt close early to help with overcrowding issues on the deer hunt. Nothing like addressing symptoms of problems instead of getting at the root, lol. If you need help PM me. If I can't do it PM me We'll find someone who can.

Thanks to all of you who have offered help and those who have given me some great information. We are headed up Friday- Monday. I will report next week when we get back. We do have 5 or 6 people coming along for help this time Bridger is very excited to get back up there and give it a go. Wish us luck.

For those who helped with Bridgers hunt, thank you very much. We worked hard and didn't fill his elk tag but that isn't the elks fault. Sometimes things are tough to put together with a kid with his limitations. Bridger did awesome and was able to collect this excellent buck. We all had a blast and loved the area. Thanks again to all.
3348wyoming_deer_ksl_outdoors_022.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom