South Mtn. Archrey

chasemike

Hello, we are going to hunt South mtn, for archrey. Does anyone have any suggestions, where we might look around. Thanks for any information. Mike

I spent a season there when my son had a bull tag for the early hunt a few years ago. I ran into a few guys scouting and then hunting the archery hunt and all of them ended up heading to other places. I did see some nice bucks, one probably over 230 non-typ, but that was after the archery closed. Basically, if you want to start on So Mtn, just go clear up to the lookout and start glassing. You can see a lot of country and you will find where they are then you can start moving and glassing holes. Of course if it where me I would have found a way to scout and have one pegged down. Those bucks won't be out for long in this heat. Good luck, I know the season starts this weekend.

Thanks for the information. Old timer friend of mine has the tag, I am heading out on Friday morning, to help him out.We live 700 miles from there. I get to pack, for him, I hope we have a nice one to pack out. Thanks Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom