Southern Utah Enterprise and Pinto Help???

83blazer

I drew this tag. I was suppose to go on this trip with my dad but he passed away. Still feel like this is something I need to do.
We have only been up there twice and hunted out of Pinto and Enterprise. Anyways going up there solo this year. Was hoping that someone could help me out if they know of a place close to Pinto where I can crash, shower and sleep. Not looking for handouts but a motel, hotel, barn, or trailer. I will pay. Just have no idea where to stay up there.

Also looking for any back up ideas on where to hunt. Dont need honey holes just a few places to look for in case the spot I hunt is dry. I was suppose to get out there and scout but havnt had the chance. I live in Los Angeles.

LMk if you or anyone is willing to help me out.

Thank You
Ernesto

If you don't mind roughing it a little bit I would say the temps are agreeable enough for a tent and sleeping bag this time of year. If you'd rather have a more comfortable stay you'll probably have to go to cedar or St george for a motel room. Both places would put you within 45 minutes or so of enterprise and pinto. I don't have any recommendations on where to hunt but pine valley is an excellent unit so you should have some luck.:

Do you have the muzzleloader or the rifle tag? The deer in the Pine Valley unit tend to migrate quickly once colder weather sets in and/or hunting pressure picks up. Like stated before, you could probably survive in a tent during either hunt. You should have no problem finding a place to stay in St. George if you want a hotel/motel. You can get to most areas in the unit in an hour or less from St. George.

There are 2 hotels in Enterprise. The Cottonwood Inn and the Sleep E. I lived in St. George for 23 years and always hunted that area. You're only a few minutes from good hunting if you stay in Enterprise.

I have the rifle tag. Thank You all for the info. Im taking my tent up there just in case its warm. If I dont have any luck the first couple of days I will be there for the whole week. I would like to rent a place to sleep one night, wash clothes and have a warm dinner. Will try Enterprise motels.

Thank you very much for the recommendations.

yes enterprise has a small motel. that will put you in the heart of some great deer hunting areas. there is a lot of hunters around those areas, but also some great bucks to be had. any of the places around enterprise will be a good place to start. no real secrets just get out and hunt! good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom