Speed goat quality

Ynothunt41

Hi All,

I have hunted with a outfitter (not for goats) and you will have a guarantee chance to harvest a nice 14" or 15" animal. My question is, is this pretty easy to obtain on public (with no perf points) or a tresspass hunt or should I pay the outfitter and get a good goat?

Thank you for your input.

You don't need an Outfitter unless you are a TV Outdoor Star with his own program.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

A 14 or 15 inch Antelope is possible in any unit in Wyoming. However,unless you get real lucky, if you don't have pref. points you'll be looking at limited public land opportunities and 12'' bucks at best. So, if you want the best odds for a good buck now I'd say pay the outfitter and go kill one. For future reference -if you're willing to apply in the special draw 2 or 3 preference points will get you a good public land hunt where, with a little effort, you can kill a good one.

As chipc mantioned, most any unit will have a few good goats, but hunting on a private ranch whether it's a DIY or a guided hunt will give you a lot better chance at a good one for the simple fact that hunter numbers are rectricted compared to public land. However, I hate to see anybody use the word "guaranteed" when they're talking about hunting.

Why are you associating a 14-15 inch buck as a high quality pronghorn?

I've seen lots of 14 inch bucks that I wouldnt even consider shooting on a leftover tag.

What happens when you find a buck thats 13-13.5, heavy as a can of corn with a 6.5 inch prong?

Let him go looking for a 14-15 incher?

I agree that an outfitter making a guarantee of a 14-15 inch buck is someone I'd be staying away from.

For the record...heres a 14 1/2 inch buck that scores maybe 74.

IMG_3989.JPG

Heres another one thats not even 15 and scores 80 4/8 net:

IMG_3895.JPG

To answer your question, just killing a 14 inch buck even on a leftover tag with very little public is pretty easy. I sure wouldnt pay for a "14-15" inch antelope.

just time and scouting can get you there. if it doesnt at least you can say you tried and that is all that counts..

Thank you all for the good advice.

Buzz H, Very nice animals. 14 to 15" was just a reference.

NFH, I would love to socut a lot but living 1800 miles away makes it tough.

Again Thank you

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom