Spike cape

Wyobowhunt

I skinned out my buddies spike elk head for some practice and was wondering if anyone had any ideas what to do with it?

Thanks
Wyobowhunt

>I skinned out my buddies spike
>elk head for some practice
>and was wondering if anyone
>had any ideas what to
>do with it?
>
>Thanks
> Wyobowhunt

Get some antelope horns and mount it with them. Better yet would be some horns from a Jacobs Sheep (4 horned sheep)... that would really freak people out.

-DallanC

I don't think taxidermists can use spike capes for mounting anything other than a spike. The rosette( i think that's how to spell it)is too high. I was at a taxidermist shop 2 weeks ago, and he was skinning out a head of a spike, and mentioned he couldn't use it for anything other than a spike mount.

Some of the "American Legions" and/or other Veterans groups out west accept hides of deer and Elk for fund raising of some sort; I know the one here in our small town does. I'm not sure what they do with them but they do have a big barrel next to the post with "Deer and Elk Hides" written on it for your disposal, I am sure they would probably take a cape. Maybe call your local to see if they do?

I like the idea of putting Antelope antlers on it though! It could be the new "Test tube, genetically engineered" AnteElk! That would be a blast to hunt!

Nofear4

Do as Nofear4 states, give it to the American Legion or a local Elks Lodge or even the VFW I believe have barrels in towns throughout the west. They will appreciate the donation as they can use the sale or use for the Veterans in Homes across the nation and or sell to raise money for the Veterans.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom