Spike Elk?

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
I was just thumbing through last years NV Big Game Regulations. There is a section under the elk regulations that talks about spike only tags yet I've never seen any quotas or places to apply for such a tag. I am still holding out for an any bull tag but was just curious about this.
Elk Special Regulations NAC 502.361
2. "Unless his privilege is limited or revoked pursuant to law, a person is eligible to apply once for a spike elk tag in any year if he did not recieve a spike elk tag or replacement tag for a spike elk in the previous year".

Justin I noticed that also. They must be looking at adding that hunt in the future.

If the waiting period didn't apply I would put in for it. I plan on putting in for a cow tag this year and a spike would be even better.

that appeared in the book a couple of years ago. i too have been waiting for that specific hunt to actually take place

Happy Hunting

The commision made that clasification into a state law a couple of years ago so that the bioligists had it as a tool in the tool box in case it was ever needed as a way of controling the bull ratios.

That makes sense! I have to many points invested now that I probably wouldn't put in for it.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom