Spike Elk

R

RaghornHS

Hey Gang,

I have a buddy here in Nevada that wants to try an Elk hunt for the first time. I advised him that a spike hunt might be a good place for him to start.

We're coming from Vegas and will probably be limited to a 4 day hunt. So...with that in mind, I'm wondering if any of you may have some info on either Panguitch or Paunsy for spikes.

Any help would sure be appreciated!

Steve

Raghorn Hunting Services
www.raghornhuntingservices.com
[email protected]

I for one would probably not spend a whole lot of time on the Paunsaugunt for elk. The herd is too small and what elk are there move back and forth between there, Dutton and Panguitch Lake.

Panguitch Lake would be a good option, but I am not familiar enough with the unit to give you any good locations. You may even go a little further and try Beaver or Boulder. Both have reasonable populations and and good public access.

Good luck,

Jon
www.HuntersTrailhead.com

I've explained to him that with limited time we need to have reasonable expectations. That said, the goal will be to get him out, hopefully get on some animals and have a good time for a few days.

I killed a buck last year in Idaho with only 2 days to hunt. Maybe we can get lucky again!!

Raghorn Hunting Services
[email protected]

Keep in mInd that Boulder spike tag no longer allows you to take a cow anymore. New change for this year. I too am considering Panguitch for a spike/cow hunt.

Good point, Chubby...I'm beginning to think (after a discussion with a Utah friend) that we may hit the Plateau...we'll give it a whirl and see what we can come up with. Like I said, the goal is just to get him out on some Elk and hopefully get him hooked!!

Raghorn Hunting Services
[email protected]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom