sportear

marley

Very Active Member
I am thinking about ordering me a pair of sportears and was just wondering if any of you have tried them? Do they really help that much? I have excellant hearing but I am thinking about getting them not for the hearing capabilities but for the sound muffling during the shot as I have a muzzlebrake on my rifle. Are they worth the money? Cabelas has one set that is $450 and another set that is $1100.

If you have excellent hearing, I suspect you'll hate 'em. I have hearing loss from years of shooting unprotected and I hated 'em. The sounds were unnatural. Any amount of wind made it sound like there was a whistling wind tunnel in your head. If I were you, I'd protect what hearing you have and save your money.

LAST EDITED ON May-16-10 AT 04:35PM (MST)[p]I do not have experience with the sportears, but I do have a set of the ESP's. The ESP model I have fits inside my ears, no tubes, not ITC small though. They are quite comfortable, the wind is not an issue and they are NOT digital. IMO, you may indeed be happier with a digital version. I am pretty much deaf in one ear from disease so I have to protect what hearing I have left. YMMV.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom