spotting scope

hhunter23

well after much deliberation and research i have decided on the vortex nomad 20x60x60mm. its light weight and small enough to pack easily. i like the glass and the warranty. im going tomorrow morning to pick one up. just in time for my buddies south cache le bull tag this weekend!!

"Shoot Strait"

just a side note on "Spotters",weather purchasing highend--- or bottom end prices.A spotting scope is only as good as YOUR tripod,few think about this most important addition when buying a spotting scope ??? Good "Spotting", Bruce & Silvergrand

When you get it and go try it out let me know honestly how it is in early morning and evening light. I have been debating getting one myself.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I had one for 4 month's and hated it! when you try to focus on anything over 30 power it doesn't focus. i have had 7 spotting scopes in the last 2 year's in the $200-400 range and there all the same you turn em up and they don't focus the best low doller spotter out there imo in that range is still the discoverer by bausch & lomb. You don't have to listen to me but i finally spent the money and got a good one and it's well worth it.

i looked through numerous scopes including this one that i ordered and i never thought that. i looked very clear to me and i was able to focus the scope in very well. i borrowed one from a guy here and work and i used it in low light conditions and mid day conditions and i was impressed. i feel confident in this scope. and plus with all the reviews and what people are saying, plus what ive seen for myself. ill be happy.
i wonder if you got one that was jacked up when you bought it or something.

"Shoot Strait"

I ended up getting the euro on sale $999 with a free 62" tripod and $150 in store credit I spent alot of time looking in the swaro and just couldn't see a $600-1500 diffrence.

you wont see a difference in the store or in good light. but out in the field the swaro zeiss and leica make a big difference. just my opinion i tried a lot of scopes but for what i do the swaro 20-60x65 was worth it

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-10 AT 09:59PM (MST)[p]
ive looked through a lot of leica equipment and love it, ive been spoiled by it. but i cant afford and justify spending that kind of money for a spotting scope or binos. i think this scope is going to work great and im happy with my decision.

"Shoot Strait"

I have had the same Nomad from Vortex for almost a Year now. I love it. Works fine zooming in, early morning, late eaving. Plus it is light weight. I also bought the Vortex High Country tripod. Love it as well.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I wasen't in the store. It's been in the mts. in all diffrent types of light. I'm sure what you were doing with your high doller swaro wasen't any more important than what i'm doing with my scope!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom