Spotting scope?

dilagaf

Me being poor white trash (tight a$$) what is the best spotting scope in the $500 range? I would like a 20-60 power but maybe a little more compact than a 80 mm objective.

I used a buddys older modle 20-60x80 vortex last year. It was good until you zoomed it all the way to 60 power then it got a little fuzzy.

Thanks for any help!!

I know what you mean when you say poor white trash. I am the same way and can't afford the swaroski equipment yet. I keep on tellin myself "one of these days." Honestly though, I haven't found a reason to splurge yet.
I use the Nikon Prostaff 16-48X 65mm. It has served me well for the past three years. I have used it to field judge antelope, elk and deer. I was two inches under on my antelope. Better under then over. Perfect size to pack along on trips.
Check out Cabelas' website and read the reviews for scopes in that price range.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

I have to say, for around $250 to $300 you can pick up a Nikon Prostaff on ebay. I bought one last year, it works great for my poor price range. $2,500 for a spotting scope is a little steep for me. I would rather put that it a really nice rifle and scope combo.

Ilove my nikon 80mm prodtaff but if you want compact and light try to find the Pentax PF65ED...there out there for about $600. The downside is they dont have the warranty that nikon does...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom