Spring Bear - Imnaha

NorthSide

Has anyone been up Deadhorse Ridge this year yet? Just checking on the access for bear hunting. Would love to be able to get up there in a few weeks, but the weather change has me a little concerned.

Thanks NS

Northside I live in Joseph. You can't get out there right now. Last month you could. Its snowing out there as we speak. I can't even see the hills out in that direction.

Ouch!!! Was planning on leaving April 14th for five or six days. May have to delay that trip. Keep me posted if you would. It looks like the weather is pretty bad for another few days at least. Does it melt off fairly quickly up there?

Thanks NS

Talked to Vic Coggins out of Enterprise yesterday. He flew two weeks ago for deer counts and spotted one bear in 33 hours of flying. He thinks that, with the new weather, to wait a few weeks after the opener to head up. He does think access will be ok, but real muddy and a few drifts.

Thanks NS

When you fly during the middle of the day, you aren't going to see very many bears. I've been out doing a lot of scouting and there are plenty of bears out. Low areas of course are better with the green up. Higher areas are getting snowed in. If you need anything pre-scouted PM me. I'm out about everyday.

Back
Top Bottom