Spring bear

born_2_hunt

Just looking for some general info on the spring bear hunts. I am a NR and thinking about coming up to chase bears. I dug through the regs a bit and from what I could tell these are over the counter tags, is that correct or is it a draw?

Also I saw on there where they had a female quota. Does that mean that once the female quota is met the hunt is closed or does it still continue? The unit I was looking at only had a quota of 1 female so that would suck to drive all the way and have the season close a day into it.

Yes to both of your questions. The season closes as soon as the female limit is met or when the date in the Regulation is met. It's up to the hunter to know if the female limit is met by calling the phone number listed in the Regulation.

The bear tag is valid state wide and is also valid for spring and fall. When the female mortality quota or closing date is met, the season closes for that particular unit. Your tag is still valid for other open units. I did that hunt last May, good times.....

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom