Spring hunting

armybrat

Looks like I will be out of the country next fall and miss all the big game hunts. Just wondering if there was anything I could hunt in the spring. Been thinking about doing a Idaho bear hunt any info on some good hunts or outfitters would be great.

Thanks

Pretty sure Mike Stockton of Idaho Whitetail Adventures still does bear hunts. Good dogs seems to be very successful. Has a website idahowhitetailadventures.com Mike is a hoot to hunt with!

You could always go to Texas for exotics. Not sure of your price range though. I'd imagine this can get expensive.

Steve

If you can afford an outfitted hunt, you may not want a DYI, but DYI bear hunts (here in Idaho) are very doable. There are a lot of bears from Sun Valley west to Boise and north of there; a lot of bears. The farther north you get, the more bears there are. In fact, you are allowed two bears, in many places.

During the first 2 weeks of May, bears can be taken by spot and stalk. Just get a good vantage point, follow about a week behind the snow melt. That creates grass, which the bears need to jump start their digestive system after the hibernation.

You can also bait them. Good luck, we've got plenty of bears, and not many hunters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom