Spring turkey

NMBOWHUNTR

Has anyone drawn the Marquez wildlife area or ever hunted it for spring turkey? My little brother drew a tag and looking for some info about the area and what to expect. No Oryx for him this year big red all over the screen!

Have never drawn it, but you guys should not have any problems killing a bird or two. Plenty of birds around and minimal guys to mess up up. Congrats... One of these days I'm gonna draw that tag. LOL

I drew that tag 2 years ago and also drew it again this year. There are plenty of turkeys in that area, with the majority of them in the canyons at the bottom and a few groups up on top of the mountian. I went for 2 weekends and passed up a few birds just to make the hunt last longer. Ended up shooting a tom at 12 yards with my bow. Also you really can't scout it because the gates are locked, you will have to call NMGF 1-2 days before the hunt starts to get the combo. If you need any more info just let me know.

Thanks for the info on the area sebbowhunter! Yeah I dont have a tag for it but im going to bust my butt off so my little bro can fill his tag. Should be fun and we will see you in the hills.

Hey NM,

I drew a bear tag there three years ago and I worked with the game biologists who specifically worked this area full time. I forgot his name but call the ABQ office and ask the gals down there. I do remeber him telling me that most of the turkeys were on top of the mesa kind of to the north. Wish i had more info, but there you go

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom