Sprinkler parts prices?

legacy

Very Active Member
Anyone had any experience as far as sprinkler parts pricing, specifically Sprinkler Supply Co. versus Lowes or Home Depot? Just curious if Sprinkler Supply Co's prices are comparable.

First off you are assuming anyone here has a yard. If
We had yards when would we take care of them between all the hunting and fishing and internet surfing.

Secondly a garden hose with a sprinkler on the end takes care of everything. Thats why they invented round lawns.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Trust me, I WISH I didn't have a yard taking up all of my precious hunting and web surfing time! And that's where I went wrong, i didn't buy one of them circle lawns! But I do have a wife, and if I don't get this project done, there will be NO hunting or web surfing for me! In fact, I'm hiding in the closet typing this now while she thinks I'm out working on the yard! :)

With NVB's Help you should have it all figured out now!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

I live in drought stricken Kali. It's illegal to buy lawn sprinklers or parts. Sorry, I can't help. :D

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

http://www.mountainlandsupply.com/

These guy's make me crazy and I can't say their price is better on the same item than Home Depot or Lowe, I doubt it is, but they carry "everything" and it's the better quality stuff, it works in your yard but it's designed for farm irrigation systems, so it's typically heavy duty.

The store I buy from have a staff that is "anti-personality" but if you can put up with it, they'll get you what you need.

That is, if you live in Utah.

DC

>I live in drought stricken Kali.
>It's illegal to buy lawn
>sprinklers or parts. Sorry, I
>can't help. :D
>
>Eel
>
>It's written in the good Book
>that we'll never be asked
>to take more than we
>can. Sounds like a good
>plan, so bring it on!
>
>
>

Think of the smelt you selfish basty.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I helped build my parents sprinkler system. I used rain-bird. On their website you can design your system. the website helps you lay out zones. Was very easy. Lays out your wiring to your valves. Then getting yourself a pump/contactor wired in is simple.

Just a thought if your looking to DIY system and some money saving. This was 8 years ago so I don't know if rain-bird still has this neat deal to help you design

Dang smelt!!

I like the rain bird stuff and I will go with their heads. I had sprinkler supply already do my sprinkler design. The only reason I did that was because my backyard is rather complex. The cost of the design is applied to a full system purchase, but I think the price is pretty steep. I think I'd be better off purchasing the components from Home Depot. I just need to go do some pricing. But from what I can tell, it's going to be cheaper to go that route. Also, Sprinkler Supply gives you your actual sprinkler design, but they will not give you a parts list.

I did my system last year and used sprinkler supply for my backflow preventer, timer, and some small misc parts that home depot didn't carry. Everything else from home depot. The guys at Sprinkler Supply were very helpful and didn't seem put out by all my questions. Home-depo staffers had trouble answering any questions.

>I did my system last year
>and used sprinkler supply for
>my backflow preventer, timer, and
>some small misc parts that
>home depot didn't carry. Everything
>else from home depot. The
>guys at Sprinkler Supply were
>very helpful and didn't seem
>put out by all my
>questions. Home-depo staffers had trouble
>answering any questions.

Bet they were glad you milked them for information the competitor could not provide; then use it to stab them in the back shopping at the big box chain. Pretty pathetic mentality. And that boys and girls is why big corporations have knocked out all but a few remaining mom and pop stores.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I did sprinkler installation professionally (if there is such a thing) for 7-8 years. Mostly commercial accounts but we did a lot of residential stuff. We used mostly Rainbird stuff. Orbit sucks. Buy from Home Depot, overall they are the cheapest. There are a few competent people at HD, find one of the few and they can help you with everything.

Have to Agree with the Trooper on this one!

If Sprinkler Supply has Spent a bunch of time on it,it would only be Fair to buy the Parts/System from them!

I'd bet in the long run there Ain't much different in money anyway!

What I really get a kick out of is this:

When somebody tells me:"Well the 'Pro's' at Home Depot/Lowes said this or said that!"

GEEZUS!

Well elkassassin when you semi retire you can get a job at home depot and direct people how to do plumbing.

I get a kick out of the home depot guys to. Telling guys they have t set 2 ground rods on a electrical service at their house and how to wire other things. its cheap entertainment

One thing I do like is to go into a store and see the prices instead of asking how much this or that is. Sprinkler Supply in St George has nothing priced on their merchandise. At least they didn't the last few times I was there.

I think ultimately I'm going to get my parts from Home Depot. I think it's going to be substantially less, even after paying Sprinkler Supply $50 for the design. Sprinkler Supply also wants you to do a full system purchase at one time (in order for them to credit back the $50). Buying From Home Depot, I don't have to purchase everything all at once, which I like. It also looks like the cost from Home Depot will be about 25% less. Sprinkler Supply quoted me $915. The pros with Sprinkler Supply is I wouldn't have to do a thing as far as purchasing and picking out parts and they do free delivery in the area.

>Well elkassassin when you semi retire
>you can get a job
>at home depot and direct
>people how to do plumbing.
>
>
>I get a kick out of
>the home depot guys to.
>Telling guys they have t
>set 2 ground rods on
>a electrical service at their
>house and how to wire
>other things. its cheap entertainment
>

Ya nfh!

Can't wait for the Golden Years!:D

I install sprinkler systems. I usually by all my fittings at home depot, like the tees and 90's. Glue is a great price there also.

I buy my sprinkler heads and valves somewhere else. Go with rain bird valves and heads. The orbit valves are not very good. Paying a little extra for them now will save you time and money in the long run. I personnaly like the rainbird 5000 series head if you are shooting between 25' and 35'.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom