Stallion range hotel

no hotel nearby and best choice to stay hotels in Socorro, 30 min drive to gate.

or u can camp near the gate. either! GOOD LUCK!!

vinihunt

It can get pretty cold and snow or rain usually isn't a big problem. Not as bad as up north. But from what I have been reading El Nino is going to bring more winter precip. It actually brought a pretty decent snow storm to Las Cruces las week(by decent I mean it melted in the afternoon rather than ten in the morning). If you have a camper you should be fine. Personally I'd opt for a room in Socorro. There are plenty to choose from at any price range.

Jay,

When i did my hunt we stayed at the holiday inn in socorro. It's right on main street and there's a good place to eat next door. Socorro Springs brew pub. We'd go hunt and come back and have a nice dinner and beers each night. It only took us about 35 min to get to the stallion range gate. We also didn't know if we were going to need to stay one or two nights and the hotel was very helpful in accommodating us.

+1 on socorro springs brew pub. Good food, good service and most importantly - good beer. I stayed on the far south side of town, super eight maybe...

I also have that Jan hunt. What we are going to do is rent a hotel in Socorro and drive to the stallion in the morning before the orentation.

I too stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and ate more than once at socorro springs. Id do it again too.
"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

+1 on the socorro springs brewery! Try the El fuego pizza and the Hynekamp beer!!! Good luck on your hunt!

I can barely sleep this week what I am going to be like next week waiting for my stallion range oryx hunt. At least I have my brothers deer bow hunt to go along on for this weekend to get my mind off for a second or two. Good luck to everyone going on this hunt next weekend.

I also stayed at the Holiday Inn during my 2005 OIL hunt. Not a problem getting to Stallion from there. There's famous burger places in San Antonio, NM The Owl Bar and Manny's Buckhorn.Both have beer and wine licenses. Both are world famous for their Green Chile Burgers. Long wait though. Depends on how much time you want to spend there. About my luck, I took and "old" broken horn cow on the last day so I wouldn't be one of the 10%'ers. I redeemed myself in 2008 with a 34 inch bull on an off range hunt.

Me too! Mabe I will see you there. We will be driving a 1997 greenish blue chevy silverauto with a campershell.

Good luck

ElkSniper

Got everything ready to go and laeving tomorrow after work. Driving a 2000 black ford extended cab. Good Luck to you guys.

Hey man you should post your pics + story, I would love to see it. I got a broken horned cow. one side is 39" long and the other side is 25" long that is the broken side. Check it out under "Stallion Range Oryx for ELKSNIPER".

When I had checked out on Sunday at 1 I was lucky enough to be checking out with the longest bull of the weekend at that time. I was wondering if anyone knows what the winning bull finally was for the weekend.

Its your oryx that was the longest bull. They e-mailed the hunt stats to me and the biggest bull taken was 36 1/2 which was your bull. Congrats on that.

Hey live4muleys and elksniper any helpfull hints on the hunt? I am heading out this weekend with 2 of my buddies who drew tags. PM my if you have any info you could share.

Kevin

Kevin,

PM SENT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

Sent you a PM.
Heres my Oryx.
5533picture_019.jpg

Good Luck,

ElkSniper

Kevin,
Just wondering if you got the PM, not sure if I did it right. Also who can tell me how to check a PM sent to me. THANKS

live4muleys ...When you log in if you have new messages there will be a message in blue in the left hand corner of the screen saying you have messages in your inbox... just click on it and it will take you to the message.

hope that helps!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom