Star Wars?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
So i like it, so what? :) Who else is looking forward to the "New" movie?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The kids are out of school for Christmas Break starting this afternoon, so I am taking the day off tomorrow, we have tickets for the 10:30AM show tomorrow morning. I am a fan, but my son is a super fan (not the nerd kind that dress up and wait in line to go to the premier - leave that crap to my sister's kids!) and Episode 1 (The Phantom Menace) was the first movie I ever took him to that was just father and son. (I think his first movie ever was Toy Story II) He has been hooked since then. As a 4 year old, we took him to a showing of Episode 1 at a discount theater here in Texas, we were the only ones in the theater. He had already seen the movie a few times at that point and during the fight scenes he was down in the aisle acting out the fights pretending to hold his own light sabre. One of the cutest memories I have of him. So yeah we aren't going to miss it.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

That's pretty neat Roy!

I hope i get to see it, there's a small theater, 2 actually, in Susanville not too far away. They should show it fairly soon i would think, i'll have to keep a eye out. It's been a few years since i went to a movie.

On a one to ten, ten being a Super Hard Core Fan, i'd give myself a 4 or 5

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

We bought tickets a month ago. Gonna see it in the only I-Max theater in Western Montana. Can't wait. mtmuley

So i don't know what a I-Max theater is? Is that the only kind of theater that can show it? I don't think we got one of them I-Max theaters around here...

Like i said, i don't go to the movies much and even then it's when i'm down below visiting friends and family that i might make it a point to go see something.

Joey

Joey, not sure of the tech stuff about I-Max. The screen is 64 feet wide. Supposedly the audio is amazing. I think it is 3-D and you have to wear glasses. My 13 year old knows WAY more than I do. mtmuley

Muley, lol, Our whole movie house building, can show 2 different movies, and parking lot ain't 64 feet wide. lol

Joey

sage, they're mostly all "talkies" now and some are even in color.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

I'll bet they are. Can they all show something like the new Star Wars movie though, that what i need to know? lol

I'll bet the price ain't come down any on a box of pop-corn and a large soda?

Joey

Joey,
Wait awhile then go on "Senior's Day" usually a Tuesday it is cheaper. Down here it is $5 dollars for admission and then $10.25 for a small pop-corn and a small soda.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I might watch it if Netflix or amazon prime ever was to add to their list other than that I could care less to see it

We will go see it....but the one I can't wait to see is...
the Revenant....Leonard DiCapprio playing Hugh Glass..

I'm with Longun, that's the one I'm waiting for.

Never saw any Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark or Trek movies.

I'm pretty sure at 48 I'm spose to be the age group of the superfan. I've never seen 1 of em, doubt I'll see this one, but Revenant I will see. Just too bad the lead is gun hatein Leonard dicrappio. Prolly see hateful 8 and 13 hours as well

Joey,
My wife's company supplies tickets for all the family members so it looks like I'm going tomorrow night with the wife and one grandson.
I'm pretty sure I've seen one or two with Harrison Ford in them... or was that tomb raiders? ha
Anyways, I'm looking forward to a free date night.
Zeke

I took my triplet boys to the thursday night showing. It was the day after their 10th birthday and they had a hard time getting up for school today. If you like Star Wars you will love this movie. I remember going to the first one in 1977 with my parents at the SCERA theatre in Orem Utah. I was not quite 6 years old yet but still remember it.

I won't go for the simple fact that this movie is 4 hours LONG.

Who wants to sit in one of those damn hard seats that long?

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

It was only 2 hours and 16 minutes long Kilo!

Saw it today - it was....

AWESOME!!!

Absolutely loved it - it made me feel like I was 7 years old again seeing it for the first time. JJ Abrams worked himself a masterpiece with this one!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Joey, I saw the first one, And the one with the floating bike racer things hitting trees.. I might have seen pieces of 1 or 2 more, when my kids watched them. I guess if it comes on Netflix I'll take a gander. I hope you enjoy it when you see it . I did go to an I Max once, My wife took me to See a flick about F 15's WOW! it made the movie AWESOME!
Deadibob, I am....a bit older than you, But I too watched movies at the old Scera Theater,went to grade school at the elementary with the same name just down the road

Ahhh, You guys! Now i know that i got to see it. Was talking to my little Sis this evening and all her friends are going or have gone to see it too.

Today earlier, i was looking at clips on u-tube, very hard to get the original full length movies for free anymore, and i saw a lot of why i like the movies in the first place. example:

Back when these started, was a good age in the movie making business, seems one good movie came out after another. I was finishing high school or in JC kickin ass and taking names. i dated a lot in those days and movies were always good dates.

I'll admit that we snuck in a bottle of something to spice our sodas more than once. brings me to recollect a particular date. I don't remember the gal but i do know that i had wanted to date her and was looking forward to a good time. We snuck in a bottle of whiskey, she told me she liked it, and once in our seats, got all comfortable before the movie started, and was starting to pour the booze in our 1/2 full soda drinks, when one of us, does it really matter who, dropped the dang bottle on to the floor...and it sounded like a bomb as it smashed into a thousand pieces. The people in front of us got up and moved, the people aside us started their exit, the stuff was stinking up the joint, but we beat them to it. Outa there and as we walked up to fresher seats, my date was saying loud enough for those near to hear, "The nerve of some people to sneak o bottle into the movies, i'm not sitting down there". Yeah, like that! She was all right! :)

So far, sounds like everybody liked it? No spoilers please. lol

Joey

The Hateful 8 and The Revenant are what I'm into. I'll eventually see Nerd Wars when it comes out on HBO in a year or two.

I'm Going! There is a discount matinee this afternoon and i have to go pick up prescriptions and a bit of shopping in Susanville anyway, so...

I hope i'm not disappointed. Sometimes when movies get lots of pre-release hype, to me, they don't measure up as advertised!

May the Force be with me. :)

Joey

Saw it last night, just didn't love it.
I expected a better experience with today's technology versus 20+ years ago. Guess they wanted to keep it similar to the originals since it is a continuation.
Cannot wait till January 8th for the Revenant!!

I'm glad i went, good movie, not as great as i was hoping for, not near breaking my top 10 all time favorite movies list, but it was pretty good. I think if i had been a bigger or a cult type fan of the originals, i may have liked it more. There was some Batshit crazy stuff in there, no let down on that part.

The best part of the evening was going to get a Strawberry Milkshake afterwards. I can't remember the last shake i had, many years. It was So Good, i gave the shake a 10, the movie a 7 1/2 :)

Joey

Roy is right- I did go see the new one- even wore my new "The Force Awakens" shirt with the Storm Trooper on it and one of my kids dressed up in a robe- did a little light saber fighting with some dude dressed as a Jedi (My kid is 9...this guy was 40...LOL some of us nerds never lose the nerdiness).

Anyway- it was thrilling, exhilarating, epic and just AWESOME- especially when that opening sequence started up and the theme music started...perfect! I was a kid again and it was such a great movie with fun new characters and some old favorites. Great cinematic experience.

UNTIL...I was completely traumatized by something that happened in the movie and I don't know if I'll ever be the same again! I won't spoil it, but suffice it to say, I cried a lot and I'm still pissed about it.

Also- Can't wait for the next one! So many new questions and theories about these new characters. I love it almost as much as I do Harry Potter.

Can I just point out here though that I am COMPLETELY out-nerded by so many people- including Roy's oldest son- so he can't say crap about my kids being Star Wars nerds. ;-)

>Roy is right- I did go
>see the new one- even
>wore my new "The Force
>Awakens" shirt with the Storm
>Trooper on it and one
>of my kids dressed up
>in a robe- did a
>little light saber fighting with
>some dude dressed as a
>Jedi (My kid is 9...this
>guy was 40...LOL some of
>us nerds never lose the
>nerdiness).
>
OH! I almost forgot to mention this! As I was leaving the theater completely traumatized I felt the need to talk to SOMEONE about what had happened. So, i found the Jedi who was light saber fighting with my kid before the movie. I blurted something- a major plot spoiler- and he freaked out..."NO NO NO NONO!! I haven't seen it yet! Don't tell me anything more!!!!"

LMAO OOPSEY! But seriously, WTF kind of super Star Wars Nerd are you if you're at the theater in your Jedi outfit greeting people at the door if you still haven't seen it 2 days after it opened!!???? It's his own damn fault.

4a380c6d5d13acdc.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom