Starting of fall... starting to fall

crazeymaez

Very Active Member
The last few weekends we have been out hunting.The first hunt I took my Father in Law on his first big game hunt.After several years of putting him into draw for primo hunts he drew a pronghorn hunt.We started off hitting the range where he was shooting very well.Hadnt really shot since he was in the army.

I didn't know how he would react at shooting at animals,If he was anything like his daughter the Lipstick Hunter he would do great.

Opening morning right off the bat we were on a great goat and I got him set up for the 200 yrd shot.He started getting super nervous and I could tell by his breathing he was gonna have a hard time.He positioned him self in every shooting position known to man but still couldn't hold the crosshairs on him :)

2 shots later and the goat was free to roam the prarie again.

3 goats and 4 shots later I got him set up on this buck with the help of the Moo cow decoy.This goat didn't know we were there so it gave him plenty of time to calm down for the 300yrd shot.Boom straight thru the heart first big game animal on the ground.

96973dscn0151.jpg

36961img9518.jpg

Next hunt was the Lipstick hunters Oryx hunt.Out of all animals this is the one she wanted the most.We saw a few animals but none presented a shot,Until later in the afternoon her dad spotted this bull bedded all by himself in a wash.

My wife hadn't practiced standing shooting only sitting as its her preferred shooting method.Well that was gonna change as he was bedded and only visable by standing.

I put her on the sticks gave her the range 200 yrds and she put it on his neck as this is the only budypart he was offering us a shot on.

At the shot the bull dropped his head and he was done lipstick hit him right where she put the crosshairs and had beat all the men in the family with a 35"heavy bull.

15269dscn0152.jpg

29702dscn0153.jpg

46966dscn0157.jpg

I bought my nephew a leftover CO muzzy tag and only had one weekend to hunt.Picked him up Friday after school and started our trip.Saturday we saw a great buck on private
and passed on a fork later that morning.

The evening was uneventful.Sunday we went to a different spot.I glassed a couple small bucks on kept looking at his backtrail but I could not see what he was looking at.We went to go glass another area and would return to see if anything else would show itself.

Upon returning I noticed a couple more deer.A doe and this buck had joined the 2 smaller bucks.I asked Jacob if he wanted to shoot at him.He replied Yup.We primed the muzzy and set him up for the 100 yrd shot.Cough Cough..Smoke clear

Buck down

46508dscn0161.jpg

82686dscn0158.jpg

Business as usual for the Crazymaes familia, nice work! You all always impress me.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Thank you guys ...Teryn Thank you sir. The hard part is drawing the tags.The homework part of it is one of my favorite parts of the hunt.My face is always in maps.
good info dosent hurt either:).If you guys draw a unit PM me. I can at least put you in the right direction.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom