Starting over, Unit 14?

T

TAG

I'm giving up on the unit I've hunted for years (for various reasons). I'm starting to look at different areas using success %, topos, aerials etc. I like to hunt 1st season Elk only. One area that looks pretty good on paper is in unit 14 East of Hahns Peak (near Farwell Mtn, Diamond park and up trail creek towards the divde.)It appears that the DOW is decreasing the # of permits for this unit for the Elk only season. Have any of you hunted the area and willing to share information? I'll have a few days to scout the area this summer when I take the family camping near Steamboat Lake. Maybe other areas in the general vacinity are better.

I hunted the NE part of GMU 14 during archery season a couple of years ago.Saw a couple of cows that I passed on,but did not see or hear any bulls.
Thinking of checking out the public land in 214 and 231 for this year muzzleoader hunt.

I've hunted 14 for the last three years and have seen quite a few bulls while muley hunting and took a nice muley one year. It has seemed to get progressively worse each season I have hunted it. More and more hunters each year, but that is second rifle general so a limited season would probably be better. I'll send you a PM.

Shawn

There's a lot better units in the state for elk and deer then unit 14. Did you look at the success rates on DOW's site? They give out way to many deer and elk (unlimited 2nd and 3rd season bull tags)tags for that unit.

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom