STEELHEAD

bearbone

Hey guys i am originally from CDA but have recently moved to Utah, i want so badly to get back up on the clearwater chasing those big ole Steelies, but i cant quit go that far, i am just looking for a little info on when a guy should plan a trip to the salmon, or lower salmon, im not exactly sure, but i would like to fish between challis, and stanely, just not sure when the fish get there, any info on the whole river would be great thanks Guys!!

I would stay away from Ellis. The boats are so thick you can walk across the Salmon river and the the banks are elbow to elbow. The fisherman there are trying to ambush the Steelhead returning to the Pahsimeroi hatchery. There are a few nice deep rocky holes near the Twin Peaks bridge that produce.
See you there!
Good Luck

Yea i have been all over the internet looking and stuff, idfg fishing report is very helpfull, i was just looking for a little more from the guys actually on the river, i appreciate the help guys!

Backcountry hit it on the head. The report is updated on Mondays. Go up to between Salmon and Challis, find a hole, and get with it. Fish are there, but not always easy to find or get to bite.

Around spring break is the time to hit the Challis area. Been doing it for 20+ years. The weather is usually good and the fish are there.

Just to let you know there are half as many steelhead up in salmon as there are fisherman. Plan on combat fishing.

Hey guys i actually went last weekend, we killed them, combat fished along with every one else in shoup, and i was able to land 43 in two days! It was un-real!

YA there were a ton of people throwing beads, tooth picked about an inch and a half above there hook, i stuck with the good old corky and yarn! But tiny, smallest corky they make, and just a tiny piece of yarn,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom