Steve's Meat Market

I used them years ago. They do a fairly good job. I ended up going somewhere else for a couple of reasons-1) they don't keep your meat separate from other hunters (ie with sausages and cured meats), 2) they don't process game all year around- my family and I will take trim in to get more sausage made as we run out vs having all of it processed at once- sometimes it is hard to make up your mind for all of that game meat at once in addition that sausage is twice as bulky as trim so it saves on freezer space. We have been using Rocky Mountain Meats in Wheat Ridge- they are not perfect but they do what I need. Cheers! Dave

Yep, they do a good job and you can choose a ton of variety.

The son does some amazing engraving work for euro mounts if that interests you as well.

I'm too cheap to not do my own butchering. At least I know i'm not getting anybody else's meat. That's the part that would bother me the most.

I usually butcher my own steaks, roast and grind burger but take my trim to Steve's to do sausage or other things that I don't want to spend the time to do it myself. I've also used Rocky Mountain Meats and they are good as well. Price-wise, I think they are now very similar as Steve's used to be higher but last year I compared them and found them to be pretty similar. I like them both but I'd rather do my own butchering as I'm very meticulous in trimming out all the non-meat parts whereas butchers don't do that. So I think I end up with better quality but I'm sure I'd go broke as a butcher as it takes a fair amount of time to trim out everything.

I process my own meat as well, but save 26 lbs of trim for their Teriyaki sticks each year which turns into 52lbs of sticks, one pound for each week. My kids pound their teriyaki sticks and adults with varying preferences of meats all find them edible.

The reason I ask is my buddy has taken a moose and an elk to Steve the past couple seasons and I would almost swear he does something different with the Wild game and gives you beef burger in return! It's honestly the best burger I've ever eaten. And I take better care of my game then he does so it's not a game care issue. It is expensive as some of you said. A little disappointed that he mixes game together for his grinding processes as one of you had mentioned. I wasn't aware of that.

#livelikezac

Was just reminded of another reason I like Steve's Meat Market, they put 8 freaking brats in a package! How hard is that?!!

#livelikezac

I drive 200 miles round trip for Steve's because he does a great job, much better than the 4 local processors in my city that I tried to use because he was such a drive. I gave up drive now because the meat is a huge part of why I hunt. I think saying he mixes meat is pure speculation. The meat is always trimmed well, and I never find hair, bone, or debris in any of it. I have taken him deer, elk, sheep, and antelope and always been satisfied. He is pricey, but you get what you pay for. Use this butcher without hesitation. His processed products are excellent, especially the chorizo and jalapeno cheddar sausages.

>His processed products are excellent,
>especially the chorizo and jalapeno
>cheddar sausages.

Ate a couple moose jalapeno cheddar brats last night! Completely agree!

#livelikezac

No speculation- straight from Steve?s mouth- the ground meats are mixed from all hunters. As far as quality? For 15 year?s never had a complaint, but that last batch had a copper and lead frag in a smoked sausage- funny as I use only monolithic solid copper bullets...
Cheers- Dave

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom