still dropping

mooseman

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-04 AT 11:24AM (MST)[p]yesterday seen 5 bull moose still packing, two bulls close to home, seen both just before dark, went to spot this morning and found the smaller bull had moved to even higher ground. the bigger bull not pretty but over 40 inches just because of two really long tines had dropped over night, he was just 5min walk from the homes, i could see the fresh blood of his buttons in the spotting scope. he even had a bit of coagulated blood hanging down on the side of his face so after about a hour of hiking trying to figure out which of the many tracks were his, i found both sides about 2 - 3 hundred yards apart, man all this snow sure makes it tough going but at least all i had to do was cover the several different tracks that were there. this is the same bull i have one side off of from last year when i get some pics i'll have to post, probably not any as they lay got the camera out on the first drop and took one and it started to rewind after trying to advance so i don't know if it took. this will be the first time i have two years off of same bull moose i only have one same side off of deer that i know for sure. by the way any watch 10:00 news last night and see were the sherriff's department shot 3 deer in bountiful one was a buck even. i don't get were the fish and game should have been the ones to deal with the problem. if there was, they claimed two were sick and they did not want to let deer onto the highway for fear of traffic, if they did that all the time we wouldn't have any deer left in northern utah.

Mooseman,
Way to go on the matched set! Some of the bulls are still carrying up here as well but I think most have dropped. Saw 8 cows the other day but that's on a hill that I've had very poor results in finding sheds. I think the cows have their areas and the bulls have their. The bulls are more in the heavy timber and their are probably rodents eating them right now. LOL! Hope to have some success soon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom