Stink baits

>What's a good stink bait for
>bear hunting

Any Rotten Meat will Work!

They Like Sweets Too!

Nothin Like a Pic-A-Nic Basket!

[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My Signature Just for NVB!
Like 6 Damn Times Now!

No need to use stink bait. Baiting for bears is illegal in Colorado but when it was legal I used the following: Gallon plastic milk jug-cut a hole about a 1/3rd of the way around and as high as the verticle with a 1" lip on the bottom (this will keep squirrels out, put a bout 4-5 donuts in jug, tie it about 3-4' off of ground clear of any brush or trees, take an old clean game bag or portion thereof and tie in a knot with a length of chord sticking out about 3'-4' and tie it about 3'4' above the jug, pour some anis or peppermint flavoring on the bag and you are set. Do not put to many pastries in the jug as it will make the bear sick and it won't come back. You might add a couple of carrots.

Cant say for black bear, Fred bear liked a dead Mule for grizz. And iv heard frozen peas work great for polar bears.
Can only guess how Fred would use the Mule, as to the polar bear I was told in detail at the Elks one night at the bar.
First you cut a large hole in the ice, Perty big would be my guess, then you place frozen peas around the hole, maybe 1 every 4 or 5 inches or so. Then you hide under a white sheet down wind ocourse. Well then you wait, it's perfectly fine to sip some nerve tonic while waiting, your gonna need it for the next part,,see when that big ol bear shows up to take pea you run up and kick him square in the ice hole.
Cant say as to how ya might stink bait a bear tho

Fish pellets (the type you use for feeding pond fish) and bacon grease both poured over pellets and spread onto surrounding trees.
A few jugs of hard cider is great also.
Heavy rain isn't good for the pellets and will require them to be freshened up more often.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom