stolen back pack

C

cbass2977

My cousin had his back pack stolen today while searching for a wounded deer. He took it off to shed some clothes near the blood trail. He had his binoculars, pistol, range finder, GPS and camera in the back pack. When he returned someone had taken all of it but left his sweatshirt there. THis was near the Wadsworth 4 wheeler trail up hobble creek. If you know of someone that brags about a new pair of swarovski binoculars and other items please let me know. His deer tag was also int the bag which has his name and address. I can't believe someone would take it. Especially another hunter. All items totaled about 4,000 dollars!!!

It's still early. Just maybe, someone came along and thought these items were accidentally left behind, or lost. There are a few honest people out there. Having identification in the pack just may bring all that good stuff back to your cousin. Good luck. Odds are not great, but.... I'm to the point, if I'm not going to keep it with me at all times, it stays home. If I'm tent camping, I worry about things left at camp. I also hate to leave thing laying inside my truck. If someone can't see anything worth breaking in for, maybe it increases my chances of it not happening.

Geeze.....I HATE the world we live in today.

When I am away from home, I don't trust anyone, anywhere, as far as my hunting stuff goes. I hate worrying about leaving my truck ANYWHERE!.....but that is reality.

That said, and I know it is really dumb, but I don't even know where the keys to my house are. I haven't locked my front door in 16 years.

I grew up in a different day I guess, but I still want it to be a "nicer world".

I hope this all works out, but I ain't optimistic!

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

I hate seeing crap like this happen and truly do feel for the owner but to leave a pack with $4k worth of gear in it lay around unattended at a trail head? Not what I would say is the smartest thing to do. I wish you the best in getting your gear back.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

> I can't believe someone
>would take it. Especially
>another hunter. All items
>totaled about 4,000 dollars!!!

Who the hell leaves $4000 worth of gear like that and is surprised to not find it when he returns. I get nervous leaving items in my locked truck when its unattended...

Well first of all you are stupid enough to leave all you gear behind you are an idiot...and another thing to go find a wounded deer with out your tag on you even stupider. All I can say it is your fault you left your pack behind and someone came upon it and helped themselves to your stuff....

>Well first of all you are
>stupid enough to leave all
>you gear behind you are
>an idiot...and another thing to
>go find a wounded deer
>with out your tag on
>you even stupider. All I
>can say it is your
>fault you left your pack
>behind and someone came upon
>it and helped themselves to
>your stuff....

Suspect #1.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

It is not his fault itbwas stolen. STOLEN, do you understand thatbword.
Sounds like you have done some of it.
Dumb to leave stuff laying there, but you would hope people could contol themselves. Ridiculous.
I hope the jack wad gets caught! He would face jail time for this.

>Well first of all you are
>stupid enough to leave all
>you gear behind you are
>an idiot...and another thing to
>go find a wounded deer
>with out your tag on
>you even stupider. All I
>can say it is your
>fault you left your pack
>behind and someone came upon
>it and helped themselves to
>your stuff....

Yep.

Leaving your backpack and expensive items near a trail that other people use, is like leaving your car unlocked in a shopping center parking lot and cameras and cell phones laying on the front seat. Too much temptation for some people.
On the offchance a honest person picked it up, have the owner may a report with the law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction. Someone may just turn it in to them as found property.

RELH

Good luck!!

I wouldn't think twice about jacking somebody's stuff, would never do it, yet there seems to be a bunch in these pages who were taught to look out for themselves first, screw the other guy, and if it isn't being watched, it must be ok to go ahead and take it.

I see it over, and over, and over again!

Can you blame them? I blame their Parents! Apparently, the difference between right and wrong was way down the list of necessary education to teach Jr. on from a early age. That just seems to be how it is.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

People steal rights to public waterholes all the time. Place a blind or chair so appears is reserved. Sometimes stesl more than one and do not even show up. Leave a trailer at camping spot when not hunting that day. Not much of a leap to claim a backpack. Crooks are crooks. May they all hold the other end of the turd stick soon.

I talked to him yesterday. He got most of the 'big' stuff back. One of the guys brought everything back to him. Somebody grew a conscience!

I just read all the previous comments. Come call him an idiot to face. I'd love to see that. It wasn't his deer he was looking for. The tag holder was his son. All you "it's your own fault" dipchits make me want to puke. I wonder why houndsmen get a name for being douche bags? I can't tell you how many times I've left gear behind when spotting/stalking or following up on a blood trail. You drop your pack, go in light to finish the job. Wait till it happens to you! Don't ever screw up and ask for help. No, go ahead and ask for help there are still some guys that will help you out even though it's your fault some thieving bassturd made off with your stuff. I'm just glad he got his belongings back.

Some of you guys are freakin' unbelievable!

Glad to hear that he got at least some of his stuff back!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-13 AT 02:44PM (MST)[p]His fault some POS stole his property? Really? This is what is wrong with OUR country, core values, morals and ethics of many among US suck! Those of you that believe it is the owners fault his gear got ripped off are fricken idiots! When I lived in AK people like you would be bear scat.

PS.
I am glad he recovered his gear.

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence. I fear none and respect all."

There is no excuse for stealing. Period. While some may foresee this sort of dishonesty, that does not mean that we all do, or should. Those who point their fingers and say "you should have known better" will change their tune when someone steals from them in a manner that they did not expect.

> All you
>"it's your own fault" dipchits
>make me want to puke.
>I wonder why houndsmen get
>a name for being douche
>bags?

So what does being a houndsman have to do with anything?? Seems how I'm the only houndsman I'm aware of responding on this thread I have to assume you're talking to me.

Look, I don't know what fantasy world you live in SneakAttack but in my world if you leave something valuble lying around it tends to disappear. I'm not saying that it is right or it is the way it ought to be I'm just saying that is the way it is. Reality can be a cruel b!tch. I'm a contractor as well and trust me, whatever was in the back pack would be a pittance compared to the amount of tools I've had disappear through theft or neglect over the years.

If you don't want to be a victim, take some responsibility and don't leave your valubles lying around unattended. It isn't the job of the rest of the world to look after your stuff. If that makes me a douche bag for preaching personal responsibility and preventative action, then so be it.....just don't come boobing to me when your sh!t disappears.

"I can't believe someone would take it. Especially another hunter. All items totaled about 4,000 dollars!!!"

Who else would want those items except a hunter?

Too bad this kind of thing happens. Same goes for the way that hunters abuse the trail cameras of others and vandalize vehicles.

The big lesson here is to recognize the reality of the world we live in and not dwell on how things should be.

Fact: If you leave something valuable out where lusting eyes can see it, it will disappear.

I too worry when I leave my camp behind, I wonder if my tent and sleeping bag and other items will be there when I return but I try to keep the most valuable items in the truck and hidden from view. When backpacking in you can only hope for the best or opt for cheaper and more replaceable gear.

I can't remember when I have ever left my back behind while following a blood trail. If i feel the need to mark the trail or last blood, that's why I carry surveyors tape.

To all of you who are blaming the guy who got his stuff stolen- suck it
That mentality is rampant today and is usually held by crooks themselves who feel its their "right" to have good stuff, regardless of how they come by it. If it is not yours- don't take it dumb fu--s! Maybe he should not have left it on the trail but this is not his fault it was stolen! It's the crooks fault for taken what was not his! WTF

T264

sneak attack.your the one that's unbelievable, leave something on a trail, and think no one is going to pick it up' we are not talking a truck, were talking a back pack, you know the things that get lost all the time,,,sounds to me like he didn't tuck it some place.because he didn't think he could find it again,.,,,(so all you guys that have found things over the years are low lifes ).

The only thing I care about is leaving the pistol in the bag unattended. Extremely poor judgement there. That's the only thing here that anyone should be pissed at the guy that got stuff taken.

I found a pack a couple years ago while shed hunting. It has cash, ammo, knife and a pistol in it. The drivers license was a Washington resident. I googled him and was able to contact his mother by phone and she gave him my number. He was super excited to get his stuff back. I had zero intent on keeping anything but it was obvious his stuff had been there for years so I packed it out and was lucky to find him and return items.

"I'll see you all this coming fall in the Big Rock Candy Mountains!"

Monstermuley, can't believe you have the audacity to pick up someone else's junk. Didn't you read all the posts. If it ain't yer chit leave it there. Even if its been there 10 ten years...

He did get his pack back. He is missing a few things and his binoculars are broken. I believe that the guys that brought it back were the ones that took it. He spoke with them shortly after it was taken and they denied it. Then 7 hours later they said someone dropped it off to them to bring to him. You are right I would never leave my stuff near a trail. He didn't know that he was close. Either way I went to this website for help which I never do because of how some people turn the most innocent things into such a big deal. People need to relax and help each other. Glad to see there are more nice people on here than rude people. Glad he got his stuff back, glad the 3 guys finally grew a conscience and returned it. However I think they finally looked at the pictures on his camera and recognized several individuals in the pics and realized they would get caught. To bad they kept the memory card it too had pictures of my sons first deer this year. I know these people and I am glad they made the right choice of returning it. Thanks for your help everyone!! Happy hunting!!

Kevin D, yes, I was referring to you. Your response of "yep" to the fact that is was his own fault, is what prompted me to call you a douche bag(That and years of trapping experience where I suspect a hound guy jacked with my sets, but that's another story). I grew up in a family of houndsmen. PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

elkun, you can eat me.

Everyone else:
Finding a knife, camera, gps, radio as a single item on a trail, or on a rocky over look is one thing. Finding someone entire backpack with a hoodie draped over it, setting off the side of single track trail is completely different. If I find a knife, or other type item mentioned above laying in the road, trail or whatever...no way to find it's owner, I'd post on here, KSL, local authorities, saying I found it if anyone knows who lost it...get in touch with me. I've asked myself many times...what if you find 'that bag of hundreds' laying in the ditch, what would I do? Still not sure how I'd handle it. But, if I find a back pack and clothing covering...I ain't touching it.

I kind of had the same thing happen to me this past summer. I was in Island Park and about 7am I pulled over along side the river to get something out of my boat. This was not on the hwy but on a dirt road. While doing that, I set a duffle bag on the ground and drove off. In the duffle was a Kimber 1911, Bino's, GPS, camera, bear spray, 3 or 4 expensive fly reels and some other items and clothing. Later that afternoon I was having a beer at my buddys place when the people who "stoled" it called to tell me they had it, at that point I didn't even know it was missing. I got everything back and nothing was broken. Good thing for me those people took something that didn't belong to them cause probably the next guy to come along wouldn't of been so honest. BTW, the people were from Twin Falls and I owe them big time.

sneak saint, wow aint you something,you ought to start a church, you better leave kelvin d alone you might get more than you want. and really .(elkun you can eat me}snow flake' only fags talk like that. please if you are going to tell some one off. do it in a more manly way..i am glad stupid got his stuff back lets hope he learned something,,,,

>sneak saint, wow aint you something,you
>ought to start a church,
>you better leave kelvin d
>alone you might get more
>than you want. and really
>.(elkun you can eat me}snow
>flake' only fags talk like
>that. please if you
> are going to
>tell some one off. do
> it in a more
>manly way..i am glad stupid
>got his stuff back lets
>hope he learned something,,,,

When people say LOL, I usually doubt they are really laughing out loud. But this one really made me LOL. Thanks for the chuckle...cracker. :*

Wow,
This got out of hand in a hurry!
The guy got his stuff back (some of it? and some broken?) and we're still calling each other names and talking tough!
Aren't we a nice bunch?

I'm glad those dudes grew a conscience! Makes for a better outcome!
Zeke

You Two gonna need a Room?

Maybe Re-Open the 3 Legged Dog Saloon for a Beer?:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

>Kevin D, yes, I was
>referring to you. Your response
>of "yep" to the fact
>that is was his own
>fault, is what prompted me
>to call you a douche
>bag(That and years of trapping
>experience where I suspect a
>hound guy jacked with my
>sets, but that's another story).
>I grew up in a
>family of houndsmen. PM me
>if you'd like to discuss
>further.
>

PM sent

Damn Hounders!:D

Always Stirrin Shhiitt up!:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

>It is not his fault itbwas
>stolen. STOLEN, do you understand
>thatbword.
>Sounds like you have done some
>of it.
>Dumb to leave stuff laying there,
>but you would hope people
>could contol themselves. Ridiculous.
>I hope the jack wad gets
>caught! He would face jail
>time for this.

TOTALLY agree

>Wow,
>This got out of hand in
>a hurry!
>The guy got his stuff back
>(some of it? and some
>broken?) and we're still calling
>each other names and talking
>tough!
>Aren't we a nice bunch?
>
>I'm glad those dudes grew a
>conscience! Makes for a better
>outcome!
>Zeke

wow... I have to say Zeke... sometimes you just have to shake your head. The guy just needed some help. Just that simple.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom