Stolen bow - buzz kill

bbright2

Bought a Matthews Monster last summer. Had the good fortune to get drawn in WY for an elk hunt. I enjoyed a 3D shoot this weekend and was having a blast with this high tech bow. Sunday night I put the bow and case behind the seat in the 4 door truck. Keep in mind the truck is in my driveway in a gated community. Monday a.m. is an exercise day so I'm up at 5a headed to the gym. No bow. Talk about a bad way to start the day and week. I have some very bad thoughts for person(s) that stole something important to me. Its not the end of the world and I can afford a new bow. Just a bad feeling being violated like that.

I love my Ford truck but in addition to the little seat belt dinging if not buckled and the beep-beep if the door opens but your lights are on, there should be a voice that says remember to remove all valuables, this truck provides the easiest access to crooks. The factory locks on these trucks are a joke.

Anyway, I'm tyring to move on because I do have a hunt. And I get to go thru the process of buying another bow. Bummer that Sunday was the one and only night that I've put my bow in the truck overnight. Bad timing but I think they had to be casing cars throughout the neighborhood on a regular basis. I'll also be purchasing some game trail cameras. Heaven help the punks if I get their picture. It will be game on and in Texas, there is no bag limit on crooks screwing around on your personal property.

Hope you haven't had to deal with a similar experience. Its no fun.

Bummer! I feel for ya, I had some punks break the back side window out of my car last summer the night before my archery clubs campout and stole all my archery equipment. Hoyt Ultratec with all the bells and whistles worth $2200. Luckily I had brought my other pack with all my glass, camera and range finder in the house.

Hope you have renters or howe owners insurance. Mine covered the whole thing as the car was locked I have a police report and pictures of the whole setup from last winter. First claim I've ever had in 25 years.

Good luck with finding a new bow or possibly the rats who stole it :)

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom