STOLEN VALOR ~ question

Looserowel505

I have a question for military vets and or active duty?
I have a co-worker who claims to be military , lets say for the sake of it , she is claiming she was US Air Force. However she isn't from the USA , again lets just say she is fr Europe. Our employer has no supporting documentation although it isnt requested . But she makes statements often and appears to be wrong on some of the stuff she has said. There is even a discount option for purchases in the store for military , yet she never claims it . I feel this is one of the most disrespectful things a person can do, BUT there is really no proof , she may actually be . My coworkers and I have had conversation on this and all agree including law enforcement . Is there a way to find if this person is legit or just another dishonest person?

I'm not sure how to find out but I agree it's one of the most disrespectful things a person can do.

I'll take it a step farther and say that those who are actually prior military but makes claims about something they didn't do such as combat are an even lower life form than the above. But that's me and being prior military I tend to hold my brothers and sisters to a higher standard.

I won't even claim a disablity and I could draw a small one. Two reasons; first I was acting a fool when the accident happened and second I feel like it takes away from those who truly deserve it. And there's plenty from the past 20 years.

Sorry for the rant but it struck a nerve.

If this employee has not chosen to or has not been required to submit their DD-214 to the employer than their is really nothing that can be legally done. I spent 22 years in the Army and I can tell you for certain that many veterans say things that are BS about their service. For example, nearly every former marine I have met has claimed that they served in Force Recon. A once close friend of mine that I served with got called out in the air soft community for claiming to be a former Green Beret LOL. Here is another example, how about Florida Governor Ron Desantis who served as a JAG officer but claims he went on missions with Navy Seals LOL. Stolen valor is everywhere. Ask if they have any pics of them doing some of this ninja stuff they claim to have done.

There are quite a few countries that have require military service, many in Europe so this is possible but not sure that benefits would apply to a foreign National

You can get a copy of her DD214, but, some of the info will be redacted....IF she served. If she did not, then no record available will be the answer.

Her citizenship won't necessarily matter with respect to her being USAF or not. I had a young Corpsman work for me who had passed every selection board in order to serve with HMX-1, who are the helo drivers for POTUS/staff.

Except he was still a citizen of Mexico, so no joy on that one.

DeSantis and SEALs? Maybe on a couple of training missions. I did that when it was my job to instruct SEALs in the use of a certain CSAR radio. Training missions, all CONUS, and nothing else.

they seem to hand out that disability like candy these days. i know two kids who served four years, one in the marines and other in the army. both are drawing full disability, never served in combat either one. both spend a large part of their time in the gym and look to be pretty healthy. how does that work?

If you claim disability from the military can you still get another job and double dip?
Yes. I know a guy who is disabled due to his military service. His knees are shot. He's went dall sheep hunting (killed one) and has hiked all over the mountains with me taking mt goats, deer, bear and moose. He gets roughly 4000 a month tax free. When he had a job he still got the 4000.

Yes. I know a guy who is disabled due to his military service. His knees are shot. He's went dall sheep hunting (killed one) and has hiked all over the mountains with me taking mt goats, deer, bear and moose. He gets roughly 4000 a month tax free. When he had a job he still got the 4000.
Thank him for his service for me. I’d rather pay his disability than the other 20 million people in this country I’m paying every month that didn’t do a damn thing to give back. (Also there’s a lot more going on with disability that meets the eye, there’s thousands of kids out there who can’t function in society anymore because of mental issues our little forays in the desert have caused them).

ive never been there and can't relate. my dad and two uncles fought in a couple wars and were wounded. none ever complained, never got a penny, and lived productive lives. just think they make them different these days.

ive never been there and can't relate. my dad and two uncles fought in a couple wars and were wounded. none ever complained, never got a penny, and lived productive lives. just think they make them different these days.
……… sorry. Never mind, I’ll keep my mouth shut….. for once.

There are a lot of people of every race and religion that have given up a part of themselves for this country. Whether mental, physical, or both. Many of these people never get the help they need.
This crap going on on the boarder and with these sanctuary cities is a slap in the faces of all those that served.

There are a lot of people of every race and religion that have given up a part of themselves for this country. Whether mental, physical, or both. Many of these people never get the help they need.
This crap going on on the boarder and with these sanctuary cities is a slap in the faces of all those that served.
very true. and yes i'd rather see our veterans getting benefits than illegals.

Having had 17 surgeries since I've been home from my injuries in the military Stolen Valor is one thing that really gets under my skin. That and I come from a long line of family that served in war and have been injured. I completely agree with what Slick said on people that actually served lying about there service accomplishments or combat experience to be even lower than the idiot civilian looking for a discount or respect. If you served be honest with what you did cause no matter what you did or didn't do you signed your name on that piece of paper that many others weren't willing to and you are held to a higher standard. I could easily go to 100% disability and put in for disabled vet hunts but I don't because I can still somewhat hike, fish, and hunt. I'm sure there will be a day probably not too far from now that I wont be able to do half the stuff I do now but until that day I'll give it all and not look for any handouts. Not a lot of things get under my skin anymore but this is one of those touchy subjects I could rant on about all day and am willing to throw down on the side of the road over.

Having had 17 surgeries since I've been home from my injuries in the military Stolen Valor is one thing that really gets under my skin. That and I come from a long line of family that served in war and have been injured. I completely agree with what Slick said on people that actually served lying about there service accomplishments or combat experience to be even lower than the idiot civilian looking for a discount or respect. If you served be honest with what you did cause no matter what you did or didn't do you signed your name on that piece of paper that many others weren't willing to and you are held to a higher standard. I could easily go to 100% disability and put in for disabled vet hunts but I don't because I can still somewhat hike, fish, and hunt. I'm sure there will be a day probably not too far from now that I wont be able to do half the stuff I do now but until that day I'll give it all and not look for any handouts. Not a lot of things get under my skin anymore but this is one of those touchy subjects I could rant on about all day and am willing to throw down on the side of the road over.
I understand, having had six surgeries on one joint, four on another plus spine/neck fusion.

However, there are lotsa good, honorable folks who are trying to give back to disabled vets who can sorta hunt/fish/walk as a means of saying thanks. I'm supposed to be on the list for a hunt next season and just got my shoot from the vehicle permission from my doctor/fish cops in CO.

Each year for all of is only gonna get harder.

I've had 10 reconstructive on my right leg trying to be able to keep it.

There are some good people out there trying to help those of us that are still somewhat mobile. Only hunts I've heard of here in Idaho have been through the VA. Would be awesome if I could actually draw a tag here and maybe ask for some access to some private property.

If this employee has not chosen to or has not been required to submit their DD-214 to the employer than their is really nothing that can be legally done. I spent 22 years in the Army and I can tell you for certain that many veterans say things that are BS about their service. For example, nearly every former marine I have met has claimed that they served in Force Recon. A once close friend of mine that I served with got called out in the air soft community for claiming to be a former Green Beret LOL. Here is another example, how about Florida Governor Ron Desantis who served as a JAG officer but claims he went on missions with Navy Seals LOL. Stolen valor is everywhere. Ask if they have any pics of them doing some of this ninja stuff they claim to have done.
Didn’t DeSantis receive a Bronze Star?

Didn’t DeSantis receive a Bronze Star?
Bronze stars get handed out to people serving in senior ranking or key leadership positions on deployments all the time, I got one. Now my bronze star doesn’t have a “V device.” The V stands for Valor. If you get a bronze without a V device than it’s a garbage award. If a bronze star has a V device on it than you have done something heroic. So I guess I’m saying that some bronze stars mean something, some don’t. My bronze star is a garbage and I’m sure his is too.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom